Rider Loonie

Has the league released the results? I was out of the country for a while, so maybe I missed it, but I can find nothing in the CFL press releases about this.

I think it would be great if the CFL went to the mint and got a collection done to commemorate the league. One CFL coin and one coin with the logo and name of each team currently in the league.

A set of stamps would be a cool idea as well.

Has anyone actually contacted the league to see if these are ideas they would be interested in pursuing?

On another note, it would be interesting to see if they could get a contract with PetroCanada for glasses. They put everything else on the special glasses they sell, why not CFL teams?

I think all three options would be great.

If the Canadiens are worthy, so are the Riders!!

Alot of people don’t want the Montreal Canadiens loonie either, yet the Mint did produce them!!

I didn’t know you work for the league office and are privy to the salary cap information. You must be very important.

FYI, requests for coins have to be placed with the Mint two years in advance. So here is hoping that someone suggested this a while back.

ITS pretty obvious the riders are over the cap most years just the riders take advantage of the system and put alot of players they are developing on the ir and so they dont count towards the cap. even u rider fans have to admit that however at the same time, the rules are the rules and i dont beleive there is a rule stating that well, u cant do what the riders do so i suppose technically the riders are just taking advantage of the system that the cfl created and honestly i cant whine about that.

i dunno u know, think about it, do the riders have a guy getting paid ricky ray money? no i dont think so. calvillo money? nah… burris money? i doubt it. durant is probably making a base of 150 200 k a year + bonus’s and incentives and what not. fantuz is probably highly paid NOW, wasnt recently but probably got a raise there when he resigned earlier this off season/late last season even. dressler? probably signed a 3 yr deal a couple years back now so yeah i dunno… when u think about it, the riders dont have alot of “high” priced players on their team… they justt have a group of guys who basically go out there and bust their butts game in game out.

ill admit, if the bombers arent playing the riders… go riders… imo, in a perfect world, every grey cup would be wpg vs sask cuz its obvious we are the places that care most about our teams.

i post on the riders board cuz, well… maybe this is wrong cuz im from wpg and a bomber fan but u know what… i want the bombers to be like the riders but just a little bit better :slight_smile:

Hey, what happened to the group? If I click on the url ,all I get is my homepage… and its not listed among the groups that I belong to on my info tab.

I had received a request to remove it. But it had some momentum before I took it all down. I thought it was pretty awesome! Oh well.....

Who requested that you take the group down?

How long has the SMS been in place…2 , 3 years?

Regarding the placement of healthy players on ir…all teams are doing it to some degree

hmmmm…7 of 8 teams under cap in 2009…Wpg being the only team over, and only by $44,000.

Glad to see Ballboy is yet again bang on with his information…his insider must the guy that re-fills the toilet rolls at eyesore-wynn stadium… :roll:

Thank you very much dariderfan for the personal message. Let me be the first to congradulate the Riders for hiring an accountant. I personally believe they are well on there way from stopping there cheating ways, but they still were over the cap the year they won and the year after. I guess the people of the prairies are having a hard time with the numbers game. As for neilca calling Ivor Wynne stadium Eye Sore stadium I will have you know that a few years ago Mc Leans magazine picked Ivor Wynne stadium as the best place to watch a football game and I won't tell you who they picked as the best fans I wouldn't want your lovely province to go into a frenzy. I hope the people of Sask.will support the people of Hamilton in our quest to have OSKEE WEE WEE as the national anthem of Canada. Good luck with that loonie thing. Thanks again dariderfan and good luck to the Riders :thup:

Hey Ballboy, just thought I’d post a link for ya! :lol:

http://www.newstalk650.com/story/20100401/31622

Oskie wee wee on that!

And since your such a good fan of the kitty cats, I’d thought another link would help…

It’s Oskie… Oski Yell - Wikipedia

And I think you mean congratulate, not, congradulate. What school did you con-gradulate from?

Isn’t Maclean’s printed in Ontario? Hmmmmm…please provide the article for our perusal. (Sorry, I mean “soes wees kinz readz it”…in your words to help you understand).

Anyway, I read Maxim, and the sports page. It’s been awhile since I read that magazine. Not sure if they even allow it into the province anymore…

Sorry about the spelling mistake neilca. I know I place I didn't graduate from and that is that university in Regina where they have the 30 year old football players. I guess if that is your best come back correcting spelling mistakes you leave a lot to be desired. There is a spelling bee championship on this weekend you should check it out.

No problem Ballboy, it took me another three times to read the statement “I know I place I didn’t graduate from” in order to understand what you’re trying to say. Seeing that many letter I’s in one sentence made me realize that you have some issues that I probably shouldn’t make light of. :roll:

From the title "Rider Loonie" I was sure this was about CFLisTheBest......Oh Well 8)
I like the idea, in fact I'd like to see all 8 teams on a loonie, it'd give me something healthy to collect since the Gibson's glasses

Did you vote on the 100th Grey Cup coin(s) thread here in the CFL Talk forum?

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54419]viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54419[/url]

Based on earlier comments in this thread, I think it’s too late to have a Riders 100 year coin out in time, but it’s not too late for the 100th grey cup, so I started a thread/poll on that.