Rider Loonie

Hey, all you Rider fans who live in Sask! How about campaigning your Members of Parliament for a 100 Year Roughrider Anniversary Loonie? IF the Montreal Canadiens can get one, how about the Riders? The CFL is a Canadian institution and if they can't stamp out some of these they should at least stamp out a CFL 100 Year Grey Cup one in a few years. We might be kind of late on a Rider loonie but hey, it's worth a try. What do you think? Good idea? Possible? Do we have any CFL fans in the House of Commons?

Although I understand where you are coming from and it would probably be a nice idea, but honestly, if any MP has the time to take this under her or his wing, that would probably be an MP with far too much time on her or his hands.

Yeah, yeah, I know the cliché, "they don't anything anyways." People who have never known personally a member of parliament only say that. I know for a fact that the vast majority of them work hours than would kill most of us, and those that do not, are those that don't last in the House of Commons very long. That is why virtually every spouse and child of an MP HATES politics because their family member is never around. They are extremely busy people.

Without getting into the Quebec favouritism nonsense, virtually everyone one in Canada is a hockey fan and hockey fans all over North America and Europe know who the Montreal Canadians are. The Riders are only known by the CFL fans, and especially to folks in or from Saskatchewan but unfortunately, the CFL pales in comparison to the number of fans that NHL has in Canada and in the world. Heck, there are more NFL fans in Ontario than there are CFL fans.

And finally, the House of Commons has virtually nothing to do with what the Royal Canadian Mint decides to stamp out. And it is probably a good thing too or else MPs would be pressing the Mint to stamp out something to honour virtually every whacko and special interest group in Canada. Politics should stay the heck out of what the Mint decides to do or else it could get very ugly at times. And if an MP gets her or his nose into this, you can be certain that it will get political which would not be a good thing for the Mint.

You know, just because I have time on my hands, I will write my local MP! I will post a response once I get one! Great idea, not sure how much support it will have, (You can't compare the Riders to the Habs), but definately worth a letter!

AND! A Facebook group/petition!

Consider it done!

The group and the petition is up, and the letter is off.

Join the group and sign the petition, when it has enough names, I will fire it off to the Minister in Charge of the Mint.

I know what you're saying Oxbow, but at the end of the day, it is a Federal Crown Corp, and does have a Minister in Charge, even though the Mint has it's own board, Chair, and President, etc.

Let's see how far this will go! :thup:

[url=http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102330713140167&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=102330713140167&ref=mf]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 167&ref=mf[/url]

GET OVER YOUSELF, THE REST OF THE COUNTRY DOESN’T WANT YOUR DAMN LOONIE , UNBELIEVABLE :roll: :roll:

a rider loonie? thats just stupid. seriously i agree. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

this is just as stupid as team canada wearing green jerseys for gods sake. seriously whoever thought the green jersey was a good idea should be put out of his or her misery right now.

a rider loonie? hey, i dunno.. havent used one b4 but id suspect these loonies would get alot of use at pay toilets from coast to coast.

you can wipe your a$$ with a loonie if you want, might hurt. But I don't see why this is a bad idea, I mean if Montreal got one for 100 years, why can't we? And those green jersey brought in A LOT more money then the plain red or white ones, so why is that dumb? Make money when you can right? If you were in that same position to make money, I'm sure you would too!

Go easy on the kid. He's not very bright......

Love my "Rider-Inspired" Hockey Canada Green Jeresey...
was a huge hit with the bar crowds in Calgary during the Olympics...
...even got some "go Rider's chants" during intermission(s) :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Wow killer, for someone who hates the Riders as much as you, you sure do spend alot of time in our forums......probably moreso than your own! :lol:

I think Sask. should have a commemorative stamp so the rest of Canada can always cherish your 2 Grey Cup victories.

Do we know anyone at Canada Post ? :smiley:

wow, only a non-Rider fan would say something so stupid.

You seem a little bitter but I made the assumption you could count to 3, my mistake. I personally could care less if they release a Rider loonie, I don't see how it would be a bad thing, the CFL has so much history it would make sense for all teams to have something commemorate their 100th year. I'm not going to lose sleep over it though.

Since the Riders are always over the salary cap and don't have any regard for league rules I refuse to accept there last Grey Cup win there should be an asterisk beside that victory. And it looks like they will be over the cap again just look at the players they are signing. :thdn:

Don't worry about it...we've got gobs of money. If things get dicey with the league, we just make another contribution to the Mark Cohon Commissioner Appreciation Fund, and all is well.....

Yeehaw, let's keep on spending our way to many more Grey Cup victories! :cowboy: :rockin:

wow, you're friggen clueless.

they weren't over this season!

and they won't be over in 2010. grab a brain, get a clue!

He is just here to bash the Riders... it more or less trolling.. here is your clue ballboy:

1. The individual team forums are 'safe havens' for the fans of that team and are off-limits for trash-talk from fans of other teams. Take it to the main forum or it will be deleted, or worse, your post will be edited to make you look silly.

Actually, some momentum is being created. I am starting to recieve some positive indicators that there is support on this. I have recieved an email from Kelly Block suggesting that it's a great idea, and that she will discuss it with caucus. The Facebook group is growing, and the final proof? Hate mail from other teams fans is landing in my inbox. Some are just hilarious! In fact, just for fun, I am going to start posting them on the Facebook page (with private details omitted of course, to protect those who can't protect themselves.. :lol: ).