Rider/Hockey Jersey

Jakob7 Im not trying to be an ass here but i dont think you get it !!!!! ALL SALES OF THIS NEW JERSEY GOES TO HOCKEY CHARITIES ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!! Why would anybody buy the damn jersey if they dont wear it to any games? Its a promotion to make money for kids who cant afford to play hockey across the country ensuring that we wont have a lack of talent in the future. Its a good idea and an even better cause !!!! You see it as you and the rest of the country is being left out because saskatchewan colours are used when the whole idea is to help kids play hockey in CANADA!!! Only people who are against little canadian kids learning hockey and having fun would be against this idea!!!!

I'm not against the idea, I just think the shirts are ugly.

well you may not be trying but your succeeding only the auctioned jerseys go to charity the sales in jersey city and the arenas are not going to charities. auction off the red jerseys…and its not being “left out” its being tunneled visioned so on the contrary im not ill informed about anything i want to see team canada wear team canada jerseys and yes jm they are extremely ugly…and not canadian…im im all for supporting minor hockey across the country and there are many other ways to make that money…any game worn jersey will sell for thousands of dollars sometimes…especially going to a cause…and yes even if its NOT the green. still a bad idea…again for PLAYING in these jerseys not for supporting minor hockey or attaining sales from fans.

The jerseys are designed to honour the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders, and were unveiled Saturday during the Saskatchewan-B.C. Lions game in Regina.
- from the article on tsn.ca

I think the jerseys are not nice. not ugly but definitely not nice.

If they were playing all games in these jersey’s i would have a big problem with it. but 1 round robin game and 1 exhibition game. is it really worth any fuss at all? i am guessing some people will be mad about it but probably cause they like having their panties in a twist.

for the amount of money it will raise for these charities it is well worth swallowing your national pride for 120 minutes of probably meaningless hockey.

well IMO its a great idea and the jersey looked great on big silly a newly retired nhl pro in his home town
yes maybe to some its a cash grab and there using the riders yes but in a province of just over 1 mill with the tourny scattard across the province ticket sales were slow IMO and somewhat outta reach in price for the average joe
they have now made differn't pkgs at varied prices in regina not sure about stoon but with said I still don't see the bash against canada or any of our sister provinces or teritories
so with that said I would have to say in any store that they are sold in portions will go to HC where the monies will be used across canada to promote kids hockey nough said
plus those of you that want TC jerseys in white or red you can buy them year round at any sports store I've been to
just 1 more tidbit ---the olympic hockey comm. would have had to approve this change and if all other countries plus canada say yes then it must be ok :slight_smile:

in no way would any olympic committe have to approve anything
there is a completely different entity involved in the world juniors so theres a tidbit for you...another tidbit is there would be little to no conferring with any other country. thanks for the input but nothign you really said had anything to do with the arguement...and i dont want to sacrifice national pride for anything theres too much of that already in this country....oh ya about the red and white jerseys...what did that comment prove...of course you can...we do live in canada so it makes sense...no one ever questioned that?

what my comments prove there jakob is that yes it would go to a committee to be approved and that the committee would not just be from saskatchewan
I also stated slow tickect sales ----origanlly outa scope for most comeners you know so maybe this willhelp
and please never ever question my or anyone else in my province nationalism
besides arent these boards to comment and it is a board from which a team I cheer unlike yourself you ask of people not to take cheap shots well this is changed dude just like you should do with your other hand is change to it there in YESIFAILED alberta

did you read what you just typed i literally can not even try to understand your point...please tell me where i questioned your nationalism...please tell me where i claimed this was the riders doing...none of this was said...please try and make your post at least understandable so that i can understand exactly what you dont like about my post other than im from alberta? which literally has nothing to do with anythng ive said throughout this entire thread

These jerseys will only be worn in a couple of games and they are going to generate a lot of money for charity. I don't really see a downside to this.

Its just another chance to bash the Riders by the haters.. no more, no less. Some don't like the jerseys, but I think they look great.. if I had the money, I would buy one the game worn jerseys.. its amazing how the bashers come out of the woodwork when something like this takes place.

trust me sambo i dont need this as a reason to bash the riders...this has nothing to do wiht the riders...this is the world junior hockey...so thanks for the useful and on topic comment...and why do the jerseys have to be green to auction them off? why not auction off the regular jerseys...they shouldnt be worn in games period

Its fairly simple then, don't watch the games where the green jerseys are being worn... its going to happen wether you like it or not, so why put the big fuss over it? Its only a jersey.. just because they are wearing green, its still Team Canada.. amazing how some cannot wrap their head around that fact... :expressionless:

Jerseys worn in games will make more money off auction, so it makes sense.

lady green im not argueing that point so auction off the regular team canada game worn jerseys the red and white ones is what im saying...and sambo there was a thread made and i wont watch those games in all honesty canadas national colors are red and white and those are the colors they should wear. there are 32 million people who DONT live in saskatchewan so why take a special consideration to those few that are...very introspective is what im saying this only caters to one province who has only 3% of the total population

and your point is? so you feel that Saskatoon and Regina shouldn't have been awarded the World Jrs, because of its population base? This reminds me of those idiots who don't like the Canadian Flag because the Red&White are the same colours as the Liberal Party of Canada.. sheesh! This topic has had more of a life than it should have had... especially for those who looking to whine about something that in reality, has no bearing on their life whatsoever.. there are many things in life that will not like, and to come here and bitch is petty, and making those that do look very foolish in the process..

wow confrontational much? i at no point said sasktoon and regina should not have got the games...i love when the games are in canada at any time and no sir this is nothing like the red and white of the liberals. im saying that changing the national colors to please les than 5% of the country is ridiculous. nothing ive said is "petty" and if im not allowed to complain about this than why is there even a forum on the internet what do you think the use of these forums are...to let people give their opinion...dont like it? than stay away...cause no personal insults you try and hurl will change anything i have said yet...and please next time you reply to something i say can you not put words in my mouth and read WAY beyond anything im saying that would make this a whole lot easier. thanks

It sure sounds petty to me.. that is my opinion.. this has gone as far as it can go..

it went as far as it can go long before you gave your last few posts but that didnt seem to stop you...youve never really had an argument other than that i hate the riders and im petty and i hate saskatchewan...and i would love to know what you think the definition of petty is

How about we just say they are U of S Husky colours? All better now?

Just a couple comments:

1. The uniqueness of the green jerseys will generate far more cash in auction that would regular jerseys. Why? Because they ARE unique and limited in number. There are literally hundreds of game worn white and red jerseys available from several national teams. There will only be a small number of green ones, thus driving up the price and making LOTS of money for charity.

2. Jakob7 > you say the jersey color was changed to please people - care to provide a link? Honoring a group or team is far from focusing on "pleasing" anyone. Also, if you think Rider fans only exist in Saskatchewan, you are not very educated in the CFL. I can understand your frustration as I am equally frustrated with the heavy emphasis on things native in the Olympics when the country is much more than just the natives. However, that is what the Olympic group chose to focus on and I will still cheer for Canadian athletes and watch the opening and closing ceremonies because I am a fan of the Olympics. If you are truly a strong fan of junior hockey, you'd watch the games, support your team, and do what every other Canadian hockey fan does when something is wrong in their opinion: complain to your friends (in this case about how you think the green jerseys are a stupid idea).