Rider Eskimo BET

Some of you may know that I'm partial to friendly bets (e.g. Saskargo bet, which she carried through quite well I must admit). I'm getting tired of the whole Riders are whiners, Riders are losers smack talk. Thus, I propose the following bet.

Terms of Bet
1) Timeline is for remainder of season until grey cup is played.
2) The bet does not apply between posters not involved in the bet, but all 'betters' must uphold the integrity of the terms (e.g. Rider speaking of the grey cup)
3) Follow through on bet is 'on your honor'

If Riders Win, Esks fans who accept
- may not make any reference about a Rider whiner
- may not make any reference about how the province sucks, blows, etc.
- may not make any negative comment about Rider fans involved in said bet
- are not allowed to criticize or comment on Rider fans who bring up the salary cap issue

If Esks win, Rider fans who accept
- may not make any negative comment about Esk team or fans for remainder of season (including Grey Cup)
- may not make any negative comment about reffing in any game for any reason
- May not speak of Sasks involvment in the Grey Cup until the completion of said game
- will not defend Saskatchewan (province, people, team, etc) for the remainder of the season.
- will not make any reference to salary cap, bought teams, etc for remainder of season.

I am still officially in this bet. Are there any others? If the terms are not acceptable to some, let us say terms can be negotiated up until Thursday night 9:00 local time (we are still on the same time, but that is another topic all together).

Riders In..............................................................Esks in
Riderfanatic................................................................Esks 32001
Tvor............................................................................GoEsksGo
42monkey42...............................................................Esks123
numberfiveeightynine.................................................RunNealonRun
Dr. Rise

I'm going for the riders becase a rider fan and friend of mine went with me in picling the BOMBERS this weekend over the LEOS and becase Sask is the leser of two evils, but I'm neutral in this bet. I dislike both teams.

i accept

Im in buddy! Oh and can we add no complaining about pay roll too?

With Troy Davis the Eskimos should win 80-0. They are supemen all of them. The Eskimos could beat any NFL team. Also Sean Fleming is the best kicker ever. Ricky Ray is the cutest Qb particulary because he shaves his eyebrows. Unbeatable, unstoppable, just like Ralph Klein.
Eskimos can buy anything including the Grey Cup. Sign up for a trip to Vancouver to pick up the Cup. Eskimos are in a league of their own and are legends in their own minds!!!

CFL Parity forever

Don't be upset because we support our team and can sign players with talent. To tell you the truth i think you're jealous of how successful the esks have been. I'm pretty tired of your sarcastic comments which have you constantly complaining, and im sure many others are too. Anyways, I accept the challenge riderfanatic. :slight_smile:

i will take that bet, even though troy davis was a big factor when the riders played hamilton twice this year (sence my sarcasm). Davis couldn't run his way out of a wet paper bag, especially when the rider D is holding the paper bag. I think we can add no complaining about payroll, but is the salary cap ok to talk about :slight_smile:

To esk fans,
I would be okay adding in on the Riders end no complaining about the salary cap as long as if the Riders win, the Esks are not allowed to criticize Rider fans in that regard and Riders are allowed open season on the salary cap if they wish.
I would also want added into the bet that if a poster is not involved in the bet then the bet does not apply between the two posters.
At present, here is who is in the bet:
Riders = Riderfanatic, Tvor
Esks = Esk 32001, Goesksgo, Esks123

I will edit the original post to make the additions mentioned above. For simplicity sake, edit your ORIGINAL post as well to indicate if you are still in.

I rarely complain about the Esks, but I think the toughest part for me would be to stop defending the province.

But what the heck, why cheer for a team if you won't give them a chance once in a while.

42monkey42 is in for a Rider win!

Hey, that rhymed, cool.....

42monkey42 makes a good point. Would the Esks fans be willing to put a similar clause on their side. With great power comes great responsibility.

..........I win either way!!!!!.....teeheeteehee.........

we could always start up the Stamp/Rider bet now! I am sure I would be in on that one as well

Hey R&W, was that the Homer Simpson giggle like a little schoolgirl, or your own maniacal laughter?

I read it as homer, when he can’t say titmouse. :slight_smile:

tee hee hee!!

Riderfanatic, I’ll give a go-ahead to my participation in a stamp/rider bet as well. Although if we lost both, there won’t be much to talk about anymore. :slight_smile:

Hey, a quick question. If we lose, we've said we won't mention the Grey Cup until after the completion of the game. Does that mean like literally we can't talk about anything to do with the Grey Cup, or is it just things like saying "The Riders are goin to the Cup" etc?

I can't see the harm in joining in a discussion about something like ticket prices or other things like that, or even other teams chances in a non-derogitory (Wow, I'm dum with spelling today) way. Can we clarimify that?

True, but with great risk, there can be great reward.

So no talky anything Grey Cuppy?

Okay, if you say so.......

R&W, there's just a whole bunch of letters, but as I read it, I see something at the end that says homer_mascot. I'm hoping to see a picture of homer doing something dum when it's fixed!!!!! :slight_smile:

im in, for the eskies

......couldn't get the link to work monk, but definately homer inspired laughter......

Good to know that the simpsons has permeated everyone's thinking enough that it can be recognized through text. :slight_smile:

Scary in a way, hey?