Rider cuts

Anyone surprized by who IS or IS NOT released?

http://www.saskriders.com/news/press_releases/2959/

Go Riders

hard to say until we know who's on our
PR..... It's nice to see Omarr's name absent though..........

I guess Mr. Tate suffered another season ending "paper cut".... :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't get too worried over some of the guys who were "cut" on that list. ET has stated that there will be some roster juggling in the next few days so expect to see a few of these guys stick around on the team in some way (possibly Heard, Verdon,Marshall, etc.)

Don’t worry once it heals he will take charge and lead us to another grey cup!

I would like to see Heard and Verdon go on the practice roster

I seriously hope that isn’t the case that we have to wait for another almost maybe possibly could be great quarterback who has been injured more then he played.

I am surprised if we are so set with future starters at quarterback why we need to keep this waste of skin around.

The other player I was surprised to see cut, is Verdun, as the riders were forced into signing him and we gave him his outright walking papers.....it is interesting.

Like I said before he probably won’t be going anywhere. The practice roster is yet to be announced so about 7 of these guys will still remain on the roster. Verdon looked great in practice and in the game and Miller was excited about what he could bring to the table somewhere down the road.

Because he IS the future

Drew Tate is not the future.

Jman you are probably correct, if he hasn't made enough noise to be put on the active roster by the 2nd year is probably not going to happen, I would be willing to give him another year in the system to see what hes got.

surprized Szarka and Grant made the team. Hope they both have stellar seasons!

Will be interesting to see how the new WR's will fare this week.

KK we were told not long ago that Jyles and Durant would be future starters. Assuming for a minute, that they do get a chance to start next year or year after and they start for 3 or 4 years in Saskatchewan. That would mean we would have to carry Tate for another 4 or 5 years. There isn’t much of a market for a second or third stringer that has been in league for 5 or 6 years.

I agree with you mike, but there is a anomaly in there- Rocky Butler was a 3rd stringer for that amount of time before he was traded to the Cats.

Tate just hasn't had a legit chance yet, he was injured last camp, hes injured this time around, wait till hes fully healthy for a full camp

If Drew Tate is the future, I am going to vomit!

But the big difference between Rocky Butler, is that by his third year nobody was proclaiming him to be the next greatest thing for the riders. Most people referred to him as solid backup who might make a good starter. After Joseph came to town even that stopped because the riders indicated they had a quarterback for the next few years.

There is no doubt in my mind that had we kept both Marcus and Kerry then we would likely be keeping a young quarterback in developmental role. As in 3 or 4 years, either one or both would have been gone.

However, when the current 2nd and 3rd strings have beaten him out of a job and have been proclaimed as the future of the team. It makes one wonder why we need him.

I'm with Mike on this one.

The only reason I can think that they would be keeping him is that they have decided he is better than Durant or Jyles but with him being injured they don't want to say he will be kept and one of the other two will be gone once he is healthy.

Maybe, but even then