Ricky Williams Close To Coming

As i was watching the NFL network this morning i heard them mention the CFL then they spoke about ricky williams and what they said all he needs to do, is to get miami to sign a waiver and he's in with us of course if hes willing to play. But from the sounds of it he wants to really play for us this year, and has shown alot of interest. GO ARGOS!

Sorry mishonabi, he isn't wanted in Canada, he's a killer, rapist, theif big time, already crucified by lots of football fans in Canada. This guy is bad news big time man.
Oh yes, he also smoked some pot so that puts him even more dangerous than the above. Can't have anyone in our league who has ever smoked even one joint, not right, best to keep those dangerous sorts on Parliament Hill.

lol true but hes got quite some skill fun to watch, but i know how it is cause i am only 15 years old and i play Junior Varsity Football and it not always about what happenes on the feild but off also =P

Suspended Williams may try Canada

May. 3, 2006 12:00 AM

“Suspended Dolphins running back Ricky Williams might soon add Canada to his list of places he has called home. Agent Leigh Steinberg said Tuesday night that Williams said he would consider playing for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League next season. Steinberg also said he would begin negotiations with the team shortly. Steinberg said the running back decided to pursue a contract with the Argonauts after speaking with Dolphins coach Nick Saban on Friday. It was unclear Tuesday night whether the Dolphins had given Williams permission to play in the CFL. The Dolphins have the right to prevent Williams from playing elsewhere because of a standard clause in NFL contracts.”

[url=http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0503sptbriefs0503.html]http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... s0503.html[/url]

Arizona Republic. May 3, 2006

He would be fun to watch, I agree mish, tough guy to tackle in the open field you have to think based on how he has played in the NFL.

good work earl :slight_smile:

[url=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14461770.htm]http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 461770.htm[/url]

Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Saturday afternoon he and suspended
running back Ricky Williams hadn't had serious conversations about Williams possibly playing in the Canadian Football League during Williams year away from the NFL.

Though suspended from the NFL for the 2006 season after his fourth violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, Williams would need the Dolphins permission to play football for any team.

....and he probably won't get that till he returns ...8.5 million big ones... :shock:

.....but you can't get blood from a stone........if that 8.5 extra large is spent thent he dolphins best move might be to release Williams to play for TO and garnishee his wages to recoupe some of the cost.......and it keeps him in football shape this year so that he could (not) return next year........

But if he hasn't played in 2006 then he hasn't been payed therefor there is no reason to repay 8.5 mill

Recoupe what? $100,000...... I would laugh if he did come down here. He wouldn't know what to do come November... He will really need that beard..

Grey Cup in Winnipeg, bring your artic gear with ya Ricky...

Why would you laugh WinnerPeg? Maybe he likes Pinball and wants to play for him for reasons other than just money. This guy has a very spiritual side to him that I don't think a lot of people know or respect.

Its a good point if there is one thing we know about Ricky it's that money is not the most important thing to him.

Thats good that you said that Earl. I still believe that he is really a nice guy deep down. I dont think that football or money are the most important things to him. I strongly believe that the most important thing to Ricky Williams is his Spiritual health or well-being. Whatever you want to call it... I mean the dude apparently has some personal issues but w.e... We all, at some point, have had some personal issues or some really stressful things happen to us. Its how you deal with it i think. There is this saying that says, "Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you deal with it." He deserves respect...

isnt it just great how $8m can put you the path to spiritual enlightenment.........

...8.5 million...lol.

Thanks jm for the comments. I know myself I went through a transfmormation of sorts many years back being born and raised a strict Catholic but when I started reading about other religions, spirituality, meditation and such, I myself changed and started looking at things differently.
What really bugs me sometimes is the “image” thing that pro sports has to uphold to keep sponsors happy when upholding this “image” is so superficial. Getting caught with one joint can be worse than drinking yourself silly just because the joint is an illegal substance, a herb for christ sakes. I’d tell the NFL to go shove it also maybe as money, while nice, isn’t everything. Ricky Williams is someone on a path to know himself and admits this openly, and I love this about this guy, not trying to be some false perfect person for sponsors and the league to hold up as a trophy. Good on you Ricky, may mean you come across to people as saying you don’t care about the Dolphins or whatever but you come into this world by yourself and leave by yourself, you have to take care of yourself, all the time trying to respect others but this respect of others should be secondary to knowing who you are as a person first, otherwise you will end up in the looney bin.

Speaking of loonie-bins ... Ricky is as about as close as you can get to being a certifiable loonie ... Do we forget he had a nervous break down just after being drafted - or when he used to do all of his press-conference interviews with his helmet on - or how about quitting an NFL team 6 weeks before the season starts ... nevermind the whole out-of-nowhere holistic medicine stuff ... he's a nutcase - no question ... But he's a decent football player, he's not a "bad" guy per-say ... and he's a character ... Gawd knows - we have a lot worse in the CFL than that ...

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

He's not a nut case, as you say StatiK, just someone who is trying to find out who he is in this world, and he is open about this. Holistic medicine and learning and practicing it is not a nut-case behaviour, I work in health care and health care professionals are learning and practicing this right here in some of our hospitals and health care institutions in Canada. Maybe he had his helmet on because is was very shy, hell, I know I hate cameras in front of me the couple of times that happened (nothing to do with sports) and don't like public speaking at all.

Ahw - thats heartwarming .. really ..

Sorry - But when you leave a multimillion dollar contract in the NFL (something he has worked his whole life towards) 6 weeks before the season, to go and study holistic medicine, in India ...

you are Koo-Koo for Cocoa-Puffs ...

When you have been diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder, so much so that you have to wear a helmet while doing your press conferences (and still wearing a suit jacket) ...

you are nuttier than squirrel sh!t ...

Sorry you don't like my unprofessional opinion on this nutbar ... i'm just stating facts. I like the guy .. I think he's a good player - but there is no denying he's bonkers.

Admit it - he ain't the most normal person the NFL has ever seen. In fact - a league that has seen its share of whacko's .. Ricky ranks up there pretty high. I'd love to see him in the CFL!

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!