Ricky Ray

if Ray goes to the Als I'll cry... i hope he goes to Ottawa, i think Winnipeg could use him but as far as im concerned Winnipeg can be the basement dwellers for the next... umm... ever

if Ray goes to the Als I’ll cry… i hope he goes to Ottawa, i think Winnipeg could use him but as far as im concerned Winnipeg can be the basement dwellers for the next… umm… ever

I think Ray is gonna end up in Steeltown

Master Max
How is Calvillo too easily injured? Yes he got hurt in the eastern final last year but the last time he missed a game due to injury was in 2001 :?

Have you ever watched a game of the Als? Every time AC get sacked (and it doesn’t occur often, thanks to the O-line) he seems to suffer the hell when he get back on his feet, always holding his shoulder or his arm just like it hurts. It’s even breathtaking when he decides to run : fingers crossed he’s not gonna be injured…

Ya thats true but I would not call that being injured easily. Besides I'm sure if I was to get hit by a 300lb lineman I would be hurting too

Whatever. All I wish is that Popp signs a good back up this year.

There’s a big difference between injury and pain. An injury is a serious treath to your general health that compromises your ability to act normally. Pain is a nervous signal that tells your brain you are being pummelled real bad, just in case it wouldn’t notice already.

It is only normal to get in pain while playing football. There must not be one player not in pain following a football game (except maybe the kicker). So yeah, Calvillo seems to feel it pretty much when he gets rolled over by 300 pounds of flying meat, but he does get back up and finish the job.

Beside, Ell Robertson should be a good back-up.

Thanks Dr.
:mrgreen:

As far as I'm concerned, I think Ell Robertson may be a good back-up too. The fact is, at every beginning of a season, we always think AC has a reliable back-up. (White was supposed to be excellent.....) And every time, this back-up disappoints me, never able to throw the ball correctly, choosing wrong plays.... Of course, you'll retort it's because Matthiews do not give them the opportunity to prove themselves and practice plays during games. But still, I'm stinckin to the fact that we have a poor QB relief, as long as Robertson doesn't prove on the field that I was wrong to doubt of him. I hope I am.

But the problem is it's hard to attract good QBs when they KNOW they won't ever get any playing time barring an injury to AC. Would you be a young emerging quarter-back, would you prefer to sign with the Alouettes or with, say, the Ticats? Emotional reasons aside, you always go where you have the best chances to accomplish something. And this is why the Alouettes will probably have difficulty hiring great QBs as long as Calvillo will seems to have a few years left.