Ricky Ray

we would have gotten the bank for him also. I would think that Edmonton would be more interested in Williams with his poise then the eratic Maas! Edmonton will not give up much for him beacause they can sign him in the offseason if they really want to . BUT a second string QB is supposed to be a talent on the rise , not a hasbeen ! Maas will still want starter money despite not having starter skills

Not us, and thats the problem. If we held on to him and waited we would have gotten more, simple as that. Why didnt we? cus our management is forced to unload salaries by the owner. Everyone likes bob but its time for people to realise we lose because we wont spend money.We got printers..thats great but we were too cheap to keep maas to wait for market to develop. When it happens the same day its obvious. Most players ask for a trade it take a while but not us, first time the phone rings.
We are too cheap. I dont think damon allen(or avery for that matter) is happy with how things have played out in T.O, but they havent given him away yet, why not? Its even gotten kinda ugly there with words too but they still dont give him away to the first caller, why not? because its not what smart football people do. Main issue is cheap, thats what we are. They could afford to pay Printers and Maas both for a month if they wanted to get better but they wouldnt do it because they are too cheap. How much to pay maas for three weeks? how many extra seats were filled because printers was signed?
Rebounder, you have no idea what you are talking about

and the prize for having the lowest payroll in the league year after year…LAST PLACE. Salary cap means nothing, at the end of the year everyone will be under it right? or those who arent wont care and will pay the penalty but will win, so why dont we? too cheap.

We traded Auggie and Maas and a draft pick in a matter of a few days and didnt even get one starter out of it all. Because they wouldnt pay berrenechea, simple as that and same goes for maas. They wanted rid of the salaries soon as possible and wanted nothing in return for either. Couldnt just give them away so they asked for something, but not a starter or even a draft pick, nothing. We got a third string fb for maas and a guy that I dont think even dressed for edmonton for auggie plus we gave a draft pick. We wanted someone in return that doesnt make any money. Armour or any LB goes down and augie steps right in there and is great on special teams. They said we were so far under tha cap before signing printers that it wouldnt put us over, so what was the rush? all about money. Bet maas and calvillo both are in the lineup today for montreal, how do they do it? they know sometimes you have to pay to win.

I was just thinking, Maas, Berrenechea and a draft pick to edmonton right now would probably get us a starter. They blew it major this time just to save a few bucks.

rebounder:

Your hindsight is wonderful. Maas should have been let go months ago.
Blame Edmonton for not trying to get him back sooner...not Hamilton for doing the obvious when Printers became available.

Alright, already. Power to the people. Fight the machine. Kumbaya. People over profits. Sweden rocks.

SOLIDARITY BROVER!!!

Who cares Maas is garbage. We got rid of his salary that is all we needed to do. Any team that wants him can have him.

all the fans who are concerned about saving money are idiots for buying into the bob young propaganda machine.the only thing a fan wants is a winning team. bob youngs penny pinching is killing ti-cat football.if money saving is so important to you stepford wives stay home and save the price of a ticket.

If Maas is such a lousy QB we are well rid of him, and better to have a poor player given to a team in the East Division, where he can chew up their salary cap and development than lose the money you pay him while he neither plays nor practises, waiting for a western div team to ask for him…

I said on another thread, does anyone think the Argos would part with Damon Allen to Edmonton? Irealize they are comepteting directly against each other but Allen is done as an Argo.

My bad for the typos and not having read the previous page. Sorry

We wouldn't have any interest in today's Damon Allen. No offence to the guy, but he's ancient history in the league.... We'd run with LeFors if Allen was all we could trade for.

Makes not sense to me either yet they praise this ownership like its spending money galore.
we traded wayne smith, dj flick for rocky butler. We gave maas away to the first caller. Not sure why fans care about the team cutting salary and dumping starters after all its not the fans money. If you wanna win you gotta pay. This team will cry that they lost money this year but it used to be 20 thousand fans was the break even point. Now theres advertising on every square inch of the stadium, we have the lowest payrol every year and they will tell us the lose money. somethings not right in ticat land but still you people think our ownership is so great. All they do is dump salary and lose.

Let's buy Bob out. Come on, we can do it. Then we will fire Desjardins and make player decisions via discussions and voting on this board.

It is the giving away of players
for little in return that bugs me.

caretaker bob is surely not
the invisible hand behind that

The mastermind behind that is Marcel.

All CFL owners are starting to accept
that a salary cap on team's spending
is essential for the survival of the CFL

That is a good thing.

Trading an Ace-In-The-Hole like Jason
for a Special Teams player is not.

Let's see what Jim Popp gets for him.

I bet you dollars to donuts that
Popp gets a lot more than we did

We will find how smart it was for Popp
to pay Jason's salary for a few weeks

until a veteran CFL QB gets injured.

Grandpa Allen and injury-prone Avery are still Argos because both have high salaries and neither would get much on the trade market. Sure, if the Argos cut them, they’d probably be picked up by someone looking for insurance at QB or RB but in a trade, all they’d get is a fringe guy or low draft pick (just like the Cats got for Maas).

The other GMs aren’t blind. They saw the same Maas we did over the last year and a half. I can’t believe for a second that a player performing that badly for that long would be seen as anyone’s saviour. (Except in Hamilton but that’s another story :lol: ). Soooooo, while someone may want Maas as an insurance policy down the stretch, it’s not a situation where the Cats would’ve gotten anything more than what they did.

Guys like DJ Flick are another story however.

An Argo-Cat fan

The world is never short of fools who are happy to spend other peoples money.

Well, the printers signing didnt put us near the cap we were so far under it said marcel. So why the rush to dump augie and maas? had to be to save money. maas and augie plus a draft pick and we didnt even get a proven backup player let alone a starter, stuff like that makes me wonder who is calling the shots ron. Berrenachea and maas and draft pick packaged right now to edmonton would get us a starter, maybe an o lineman.