Ricky Ray Out 6 Weeks

Don't have a link, just heard it on The Fan 590.

That's pretty huge!

That would put him out for the first of the back-to-back against Hamilton.

CFL Official Feed ?@CFL 58s DETAILS: Ricky Ray out up to 6 weeks with a partial tear in his 'teres major muscle' in his throwing shoulder

Yep saw it on twitter. Sounds bad. Not good news for the blue team. Ricky Ray is a good guy so it's too bad he is hurt, but it doesn't break my heart that he won't play against us since he is already hurt. :wink:

With our luck, he'll back just in time for that back-to-back series.

CBC Sports is reporting that Ricky Ray will be out until mid October with the shoulder injury.

http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84669 Thread already started !!!

Sorry... didn't notice the earlier thread.

Wow!!! I think Hamilton has a great shot at 1st place now. Even if Collaros wins 3 of the 6, I think Hamilton can overtake the Argos. I don't think the Als will be in it this year.

Too bad for Ray who was having a MOP season but dem's the breaks ( no pun intended).

An Argo-cat fan

tsn turning point of a dismal season for the argos

Eastern final at Guelph University maybe? :slight_smile:

Imagine That??? :rockin:

Bank on 4-5 weeks. Im not seeing 6. He's already been out a week.

In other news, the CFL is looking to orchestrate a trade to replace Ray.

Travis Lulay for a neg list player sounds about right.

Its a weird injury and you lose strenght every time you pull your arm back. He could be back in four weeks, he could be out all year. They should nine game him for now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: etc.

No point if they don't need the cap room. Actually, maybe they need his salary on the payroll in order to stay above the minimum. Wish they'd make at least the total salary numbers public. Oh well.

I'm sure Cohon has already been in touch with Braley to ask which quarterback he wants.

How prescient of you, Crash for what do I read today but latest estimates are now 4 to 6 weeks for RR - best he stay out until he is 100% healthy and ready to go. I have some reservations about Ricky after the injury resulting from that hit and they center around his ability to take punishment w/o coming up lame. He's never been the Energizer Bunny type of player - his skill comes in his ability to find his receiver, read the progressions then deliver killer passes with lethal accuracy. That type of QB needs protection much more than a QB who likes to run the ball. Another example of this can be seen in what happened to AC under Hawkins - what a friggin' nightmare that was - nothing against AC but he runs like a moose. My point is that Ricky is vulnerable and has shown a tendency to suffer multi-game injuries, best Scott get him ALL the protection and time he needs once RR is back as starter.

It's funny, I don't recall Ray being injured much at all until he joined the Argos. People used to comment on his ability to get right back up after absorbing repeated punishment. Guess all good things come to an end.

Toronto, so far this season and last year, are at or near the bottom of the league in every rushing category. That puts a lot of pressure on their Oline to protect, and makes it easier for most defenses to plot against the Argos. Additionally, with Ray stationary, he makes a simpler target to hit.

They need to come with a more sucessful running game or he will be injured more often as the season progresses.