Ricky Ray is the most over rated QB in the league

I would go as far and say we have a pretty darn good receiving group, I think the problem this year was injuries to the O-line and changing O-cordinators half way through the Season .

I thought all five O-lineman started all 18 games...

Our o-line was intact all season. Had receivers (like Mo Mann) miss a few games but nothing too serious. Losing McCarty for 10 games certainly hurt. The main problem was the swap of OCs mid-season, and the fact that our receivers seemed to all get the dropsies at the same time numerous times throughout the season. I don't think Strasser is a bad OC though, I think he is very good but was thrown into a bad situation mid-season without much time to completely implement a new offence. As long as we keep him as OC for next season and he doesn't bolt to coach in Portland university football(where he is rumoured to be a potential HC candidate), and manage to re-sign Kabongo, our offence will be improved simply b/c they will be more familiar with the scheme right out of the gate. Strasser said in a journal article he was only able to implement 60%(or something like that) of the offence he envisioned for this team in half the season.

he prolly shouldnt have changed it at all till the end of the season. mid season is no time to teach a completely new offense. thats on ritchie he should have not let him do this till now lol, but your receiving corps is not darn good by the standards of the rest of the league. other than stamps there isnt a reciever i would want off your team. peterson is past his prime, and i will change my statement. the new guy who filled in for mann is pretty good, showed lots of potential. but thats really it. nowacki was less than impressive as well IMO

I'm not ready to give up on Peterson. The guy gave us two solid season before last. I'm thinking maybe he just had a bad year. it happens. Plus if Kelly Campbell really is coming back, that'll be huge. Peterson, Stamps, and Campbell. Yikes!

As far as Strasser is concerned, I'm still not sold on him. He'll have to make a believer out of me if the Eskimos keep him around.

regardless of is good or anything, he seems like an idiot. it would almost seem egotistical that he needed to apply his own offense halfway through the season. this is not a good sign, i can see this not working out for the eskimos.

You want to get rid of Ray? There are many teams in the league that will be lining up for his services.

He's at the top of the passing race year after year. He's a great QB who already has two Cup rings. Get him a good offensive coordinator (and don't him midseason, LOL) and receivers who can catch passes and you'll be fine. It also wouldn't hurt to have a defense that could get a stop when needed.

I remember Rickey ray beating my Bc Lions in the 2005 WF at bc place, he is a excellent QB, if Printers did not come here we would take him.

And I remember all too well him eating alive two rookie corners Don Matthews for some reason decided to start in a Grey Cup game. . .

IF he was to be made available you can bet Toronto would be salivating at the chance to get him. Quesion remains if there's anyone on that Toronto roster that Edmonton would be interested in acquiring. . .

Arg! MJ! Never mention that again! :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :lol: :lol: :wink:

IF he was to be made available you can bet Toronto would be salivating at the chance to get him. Quesion remains if there's anyone on that Toronto roster that Edmonton would be interested in acquiring. . .
Good point. But what QB would want to stay in Toronto with the sorry shape the offense is in? Forget marquee QB. They need an O-line that can protect the quarterback and a CFL-quality receiving corps!

They already have a solid C.F.L. quality receiving corpse. That's their problem, they need a solid C.F.L. quality receiving core.