Ricky Ray is Baaaaack!

Sounds funny. I have never seen it.

1 Like

Most TV viewers back in the 1970's would've missed it. Commercials were for snack breaks. A teenager (that was me) would've bolted for the fridge and loaded up. For some reason I stayed glued to the set.

1 Like

@jon:

Interesting. I saw the doc about Alice Cooper that came out a few years back. Frankie Z was a supporter of Alice in the early days.

2 Likes

@Maaax:

John Byner is American, but his comedy show was shot at CFTO in Toronto, the flagship station of CTV, and home of TSN.

CFTO is located in the community of Agincourt, my home community.

Byner's show featured the hilarious Super Dave Osbourne death-defying stunts. :grinning:

2 Likes

Frank was also a world class guitarist.

Funny you should mention Alice. Out of the hundreds of concerts I have seen in my life, Alice was my first, at the old Winnipeg Arena in 1978. He has been in the news lately talking about how it is not possible to shock people anymore. A dear departed golf pro friend of mine knew Alice (Vince) personally as he used to spend his winters as an assistant pro at Alice’s home course in Arizona. Alice was a golf fanatic and would golf with my friend whenever he came to Winnipeg. One day a member of Alice’s party dropped out of their game at the last minute and I would have had the opportunity to join them had they been able to reach me in time, which unfortunately didn’t happen in the early cell phone days, I believe in the early 1990’s.

Edit: Didn’t realize until I looked at my Ticketmaster email that by coincidence Alice Cooper is playing in Winnipeg Saturday night.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I watched shows back in the 70's and remember the darnedest things but still don't know half the stuff that went on with the people who made them work.

1 Like

@jon:

You better get a ticket! Yes, am aware that the "minister's son" is a golf fanatic. Good buddies with the late Glen Campbell.

The doc about Alice pointed out that he appealed to teens who where on the fringe of "normal" high school society. My late sister was one of these kids.

I never got Alice until I heard "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell". A funny, intelligent, self-deprecating, enjoyable piece of work. :grinning:

3 Likes

We're veering off into Alice Cooper territory next? Challenge accepted.

One of my jack of all trade friends would sometimes play in Cooper's band when he visited Winnipeg a few years back. He'd sub in for an ailing guitarist if the need was there. I thought that was kinda cool. Some groupies walked up to me in the lobby while I was standing near an albino boa and confused me with a celeb. Who I still don't know. I looked terrible. They asked me, "Are you somebody?"

All I could do was say... "I think so."

1 Like

Unfortunately no chance of leaving our Masters party. I’ve seen Alice twice though so that will have to do for now. I would have loved to play golf with him so I could say “ nice putt Alice”.

2 Likes

Maybe you should have said something different Maaax, like absolutely!

2 Likes

My game is nowhere good enough for Alice right now. I'd just hold everyone back. The last thing I'd want to do is tick him off. I might wake up the next day with a shrunken head at the foot of my bed.

KindaDarkScene

1 Like

And then what?!

My cover would've been blown the moment I touched the snake and got slapped by the handler. If only I had a dead rat (for feeding purposes) in my pocket that evening. Maybe things would've turned out differently for me.

2 Likes