Ricky Ray as Grey Cup MVP = joke

He is a good actor though those fake injuries had me laughing pretty good!

The two overtimes did not account for more than 50 yards, or more than 5 completions...... Honestly though guys, there's no one else who played better yesterday and was more deserving of the grey cup mvp. Ray may not have been as impressive as previous winners but i think he was clearly mvp yesterday.

As a 'Riders fan living in Alberta, I find it quite amusing to see the amount of crap that Ricky Ray gets. In his three years here (I think that's right) he's won two Grey Cups and played in a third. The 'Riders (and most teams) would kill to have a QB that sucked that bad.

As for MVP - as others have said, there wasn't really anyone else who put up stellar numbers. I think he deserves it.

As for Maas and Macocia - they did what they needed to. When Ray was struggling, Maas came in and played well. He deserves to be a starter somewhere, and I'd be surprised if he's still a back up next year. Macocia replaced Ray when he needed to, and kept him in there when crunch time came. Good decisions in tough circumstances.

All told, the Esks basically did everything right through the playoffs. Congrats.

anyone who disagrees is on crack… still no respect for ricky… i find it pathetic. i mean come on! the guy is in the cfl for 3 years and gets to the grey cup 3 times to win it twice… STILLNO RESPECT… there must be a reason why he finished that game and why macocia stuck with him??? give it up… There wasn’t a single player that had a better game than him… except AJ Gass… he was all over the place last night!!

And why would macocia even consider pulling ray??? if he would of done it, i would of chassed him out of town on my own!!! I knew he wouldn’t just like i knew ricky would pull off a good game…

I do agree about mike maurer though… i was so surprised about him winning it…

I can't believe what I'm hearing! Who else deserved it more? Ray needed and used ALL his weapons efficiently (cause we needed everything we had to squeak out that GC). He distributed the ball to all his guns well. Gaylor, Tucker, Mitchell, Nowiki...all fed well. Sure he got into that funk in the second half...so if anything, he deserves it MORE by battling through all that adversity during the game with the media all in his face, and came back and just played the incredible football he had to to get his team back into it He also made that incredible, ballsy long pass to Mitchell on the 3rd and 4where the game would have been over if he didn't connect.. and to a guy who had done little in the past 2 playoff games... this in the faces of Terry Vaughn and others who were already telling the crowd to get in noise mode for the possible last Esks play of the game.

he also got the two point conversion when he had to, and to Tucker, a guy who was being greatly shadowed all game, and found him again in OT under similar circumstances when he had too, despite the fact that tucker had been quiet most of the game due to the good D on him. !n OT he only marched down the field like an emotionless football robot after the Stala TD which could have shaken anyone up in GC OT. If not him who else?

Esks Wr's= all fed by ray
TNT= amazing run, but only counted for 7 points and some momentum shift
If anyone else, I guess the only argument would be for AJ Gass, but hey, did he control the D like Ray controled the O? No, Alston, Montford, and other D had good games, where the O that night was entirely up to the (eventual) perfect passing that Ray found in the 4thQ and overtime. It sounds like a dam movie plot: Public doesn't have confidence in him, he starts out a little gingerly, gets into a funk for a while, and then battles through it all to play the perfect ending he needs in order to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Sounds like a worthy choice to me.

RAY deserved to win it , as ALLEN deserved the MOP , the fans chioce award and the , ultimate warrior award , as voted for by the CFL PLAYERS.

But I think that , ERIC LA POINTE , should have won THE TOP CANADIAN award for this game.

Does that mean that your D shouldn’t get any credit? Then in that case I agree with you…your D isn’t any good. RR’s just bad… :roll:

Ray completed a pass percentage record and no interceptions, not bad for a GC I'd say agains't a pretty good defence.
As others say, who else should have gotten it? And lets face it, the MVP award when it is given to a QB or RB is as much a reflection on the excellent work of the O-line.
Ray played a smart game, not spectacular by any means, but took what the defence gave him and did not make crucial mistakes. That can be money in the bank at times.

Ya gotta understand, these are Quebecers…they bitch about everything. 8)

so are some ALBERTONS. :wink: :lol: :smiley:

But RAY , clearly deserved to get the MVP.

2005 GREY CUP CHAMPS , the EDMONTON ESKS.

:D

.....blow it out your hole hellothere, you're a bigot and bordering on racist....

you are a redneck moron.....and I answered your points.....READ THEM.

............answered?........reguritated seagull puke is more like it..........

when he says red neck, he means were not liek sheep, we dont follow a communist write (trudeau).........we dont dig our heads in the sand and hope it all goes away

Maurer was a surprise. Cahoon made some tough catches.
Rickey Ray....Hmmm, Gass was a big contributor. I could live with Ray I guess.

lol... While reading Sportsmen's post, I thought "What the hell is he talking about?"... Oh ! Yeah... the original topic.

Lapointe, Flemming, Cahoon, Philion and Stala were all more important in that game than Maurer. That wasn't a good choice.

Ok RnR
Give me examples of Trudeau being a comunist

id love to but i dunno how to put an artcile on here,

:roll:

nice comeback…scared to address my new points??? :lol:

Talk to me when , HARPER wins an election and the WEST has a party , like THE BLOQ , not just in ALBERTA , but in ALL of the WEST. :wink:

Until then , you are just dreaming and shooting the messenger. :lol:

2005 GREY CUP CHAMPS …EDMONTON ESKS!!! :smiley:

GREAT GAME!!! :smiley:

Try copy and paste.
Said it before and I'll say it again Just becasue its in the papers doesn't mean its true