Rick Zamperin's Debut

Last evening's football broadcast was truly wonderful with Zamperin doing the play-by-play and Salavantis as the colour man.

This is the best one-two combo I've heard on CHML's football broadcasts since the days of Perc Allen and Vince Mazza.

When these guys are in tune with each other, they can add a lot to the game.

I'm looking forward this year to TiCats on TV with the sound off, so I can listen to CHML.

Prior to the games beginning, Rick Zamperin impressed me when he said good evening to his listeners in Hamilton and around the world. This was indeed, a nice touch in this age of computers and high tech communications. He than proceeded to line the teams up from left to right on my radio dial. I found this both humorous and original.

Continued good luck to Rick and Coach Sal.

Rick Did fine for his 1st Time ..
He needs Come Down a Bit
Get the Names to us a bit Better.
I say he did a Soild 8 out 10 ..

I suggest shortening his aspired catch-phrase from "Touchdown! Touchdown Cats!" to simply, "Touchdown Cats".

Other than that, a wonderful voice and a great job.

They did a GREAT JOB :thup:

For his first time thought he did fine. But I kept yelling at my radio, Who made the catch, Who knocked the ball down. Good thing coach usualy came through with the name. Just growing pains.

Great broadcast last night. Zamperin will be up to speed in no time.

Lol Yes billbar, who made the catch? One time they went to break and noted they would let you know who made the catch when they return. That was a first i do believe. lol

Touchdowwwwwwn TIGER Cats!

I've gone from 95% to 100% on Mr. Z's hiring. Great job done; he was prepared and passionate, the ingredients that'll get you through most things in life. Well done Rick, you sounded great even all the way over here in NZ (amazing thing this new fangled web thingy) :stuck_out_tongue:

I really see your hiring as a step up along with everything else regarding the 'Cats this year. But like the 'Cats, your still a rookie in preseason, keep workiin' hard :smiley:

(amazing thing this new fangled web thingy)
Make NO mistake.. this internet thing is gonna catch on :lol:

That's the one thing I noticed as well. He does have passion for the game and the Cats and that is a very good thing. I'm sure as he goes along he will become more polished at his craft.

There were times where I wasn't sure what was going on, i'm sure it's hard to watch the game and say what's going on at the same time. I would love to do that job, but, i'm sure it would take me a while and a lot of practice to become good at it.

:thup: :thup: Rick, keep up the good work.

Now if we could only get a new PA announcer......I digress

the internet is a FAD...noone will remember it in 5 years time :lol:

LOL :thup:

I hear they have it on computers now.

I heard some of the broadcast last night and Rick and Coach Sal sounded fantastic.

The most overwhelming aspect of calling football as opposed to any other sport is the sheer number of players involved.

I didn't see the dress rosters last night, but in Saturday's game the Argos dressed 71 and the Als around 50. With 120-some players it's next to impossible to have every number memorized for both teams and in radio we have no spotters.

There are ways to tailor the delivery while you search for a player/number, Rick will find a way to do it.

The roughest part of the season will be the rookie hazing by the other play-by-play guys around the league. I hear the guy in Toronto can be particularly tough!

Keep it up guys, the first one is always the toughest and you sounded great.

I have to say, Thursday night's game in Winnipeg was the most fun I've had on the radio in years. I get up at 3am each morning to give Hamilton, Burlington and area listeners the latest in sports and news stories on CHML and Y108. And I have so much fun doing it.
But last night, I was on cloud nine. Sal is absolutely terrific, and the guys at Canad Inns Stadium treated us like pros. From the opening kick off to the final seconds on the clock, John and I had a blast.
I appreciate all the kind words and I also respect the constructive criticism... it will only make me better. Don't be shy about unleashing your thoughts, good or bad, and thanks for listening.

Rick

A job well done, Rick!

Best wishes to you and Coach Sal for this season and beyond!

Oski Wee Wee,

Wheres Coach Sal, has he ever dropped in here, or does he have a life? :lol:

He sure is the mentor/foundation of this new radio team. Great chemistry forming here I think.
(PS: I,m just on my way to see the All Blacks vs. Canada here in New Zealand and preping myself for much abuse with some Moosehead I bought at the Airport, wish me luck, and more importantly, the Canadian team, there gonna’ need it!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn't hear much of the game, but love the new combination. Congrats Rick and Coach Sal.

Maybe (probably) I missed it , but who will be on the sidelines for bench reports? Mr Farr? :rockin: