Richie Williams.....earns starting QB spot.

First of all....hats off to the players and coaches, for this big win, over the hated Argo's.
We watched a team effort...and a team victory.

Now to the meat...of this post.
The one thing I have always liked about Williams, is that he never seems to get rattled, keeps his cool...in the same way that Danny Mac did, when he played.

Richie Williams has even kept his cool, when Printes came to town..."it's all about the team" he has said, many...many...times as he was 'passed over' to the number 2 spot,(so to speak).
I don't think you can find more class than that.
I don't think you can find a better team player than that.
Well...just maybe the Ti-Cat Brass should do the right thing..
Forget about the $500.000.00 man, that has under achieved, since coming to Hamilton....and move Williams to the number 1 spot.

Why...you ask ?

For the simple fact, Williams has earned it...plain and simple. And the players rally-around him..something they do not seem to do for Printers, like it or not.
You're right Richie...it "IS" all about the team.
Great win folks.

:thup: :thup:

Cheers.

SJ: I am not in favour of giving Ritchie the # 1 spot yet. But he should definately start the next game. If he can lead this team to another win then its time for a good old "QB controversy".
Other than that I agree about the way the players seem to pick it up more when Ritchie is in. And he sure keeps the ball heading down the field...even when his primary receiver is covered. No 4 yard passes from Ritchie when we need 10.

But he should definately start the next game. If he can lead this team to another win then its time for a good old "QB controversy".
I agree totally....mr62cats.

If the players decided they dont want to play for Printers then they should be ashamed of themselves and should not be playing pro ball . I dont think it`s the case , at least i hope not .

Riley i`m willing to bet that if Williams had a bad game tonight you would of been all over the guy !!!

habman: I think what we are seeing with Ritchie is the “chemistry” that many folks have been looking for. Its not that the players are deliberately letting down. To me it looks like Ritchie brings a different rhythm to the offence that causes some good things to happen.One thing is for sure…Ritchie sure looks comfortable out there.

Riley i`m willing to bet that if Williams had a bad game tonight you would of been all over the guy !!!!
Now...now, habman....It's only light debate. Personaly I think it's great, that Richie is playing so well, and the team seems to rally-around him. I guess we will have to see who starts the next game, and if it is Printers, all I can say is that he better start playing the way everyone thought he...coulda...woulda...shoulda...

Cheers.

Well see what happens next game because im sure if Printers is healthy he will start . But it`s nice to know that if he faulters then we have a more than capable backup .

I have to say that Williams turned my head more than a few times tonight and I would have no problem with him coming into any game this season .

I what Richie brings to the playing field - cool under presure - athletic - toughness. If I were Obie I would re-think the $30,000.00 per game cost per game for him to under achieve. For the previous person who made the comment - the team seems to raly around Richie - it is very obvious the intensisty level rises when Richie gets the rock. Well done - I loath the PINK team from TO

Armchair if you look back Printers was the QB when we beat Toronto and I also believe that he was the QB when our D let the team down against Sask. and blew the lead that Printers had given us !!!

Casey is still the starter but he knows now that if he doesn't perform Richie is more than capable to come in. And, the coaches should not hesitate to bring Richie in if Printers faulters.

Casey is still the starter but he knows now that if he doesn't perform Richie is more than capable to come in. And, the coaches should not hesitate to bring Richie in if Printers faulters
I think that that kind of pressure on Printers...will be a good thing. We have all seen just how great Printers can play, before going south a few years back....so now we have the spark...a win, win, all around for the Cats..I would think.

Williams did exactly what Printers did against Toronto the last time we played them.

Teams need 2 good QB's in the CFL and its obvious that we're getting there.

Great game Williams, now do that IN Calgary and BC and im a believer.

I've been trying to convince you Canucks that Richie is the real deal for over a year now. Hopefully this win will help win over a few of you. He IS the better QB, as I've been saying since I first posted on this board.

Under 20,000 at the game, time to cut the fat. Printers that is. R WW #1

The team rallied around Printers no problem during the first beating we gave the Argos.

Richie did not win this game. It was a team effort. Great preparation and execution by all aspects of the team, including Richie.

Wow, with the way Williams played tonight, you HAVE to start him next week, Printers or no Printers. You need every win you can get and you can't afford to throw away games by not going with the hot hand.

Earns starting QB...gimme a break

Williams played good ball tonight, no one is denying that. No way after one game does he earn the starting job.

Just like Doug Berry and the Bombers..when Glenn was struggling Dinwiddie was given a chance and looked good and he got another start.

I say give Williams the same chance. The cats must realize they are in dire straights and need to keep the momentum of a win going. Williams should start next week but don't start packing Printers bags just yet...

Casey Printers is the starting quarterback for this team, with the exception of him being injured.

Richie is a good quarterback, but he is our back-up. He's supposed to play well when he is called upon and he did.

To say he earned the start is well...just let me say to be kind, silly.

Looking forward to Casey's return.

FINALLY.. some sense, I'm baffled how a backup QB "earns" the starting position by doing his JOB as a BACKUP... man almighty

well whether or not williams earns starting QB is debatable, i think he played really well, i mean it was one game but still it was quite the show, but i cant see him becoming #1 ahead of Mr. Printers..an expensive man like printers sittin on the bench as a backup, nah i cant see that, but we have a great #2 in williams, thats for sure! 8)