Richie hall to be named next head coach of edmonton

Richie hall is to be name the next head coach of edmonton eskie. www.tsn.ca . Good for him to bad for the ticats so now that he is out of the picture who is going to be name the dc of hamilton ?

Yep so much for Richie...too bad

Longtime assistant Richie Hall will be the next head coach of the Edmonton Eskimos, two league sources told the Canadian Press on Wednesday.

The Eskimos are expected to make the hiring of Hall official at an afternoon press conference.

Hall beat out a short list of candidates that included B.C. Lions defensive co-ordinator Mike Benevides, Eskimos assistant coach Noel Thorpe and Greg Marshall, who was the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' defensive co-ordinator last season.

Hall was the Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive co-ordinator for the last eight seasons and has spent a total of 15 years with the organization.

Known as a classy individual off the field, Hall's bright defensive mind helped the Riders win the 2007 Grey Cup - the team's first title since 1989.

The Riders were first in fewest yards allowed (354 per game), second in pass defence (266 yards per game) and fewest passing touchdowns allowed (28), and third in fewest touchdowns (44) and points allowed (25.1 per game).

Hall was passed over for head coaching positions in the past despite several vacancies.

The Texas native takes over from Danny Maciocia, who walked away from his coaching duties after the 2008 season to concentrate full-time as the head of Edmonton's football operations.

time to call up Rich Stubler? I think so.

I rather go some else then Stubler..
He know for know liking youth and has a preference to coach Long Time Vets
I Rather go Danny Kepley or Greg Marshall maybe even a Rick Campbell of Edmonton
they would also be good Choise . I have Feeling Campbell will be free now Hall is in Edmonton.
I see Kavis going back to Edmonton . He lives there in off season.

It is good fit

Stubler and Kavis here. Ya baby!!

I would be shocked if Stubler isn't named Ticat DC now that Hall is unavailable.

[url=http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34185]viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34185[/url] Ticats looking at Mike

You won't actually want Rick Campbell? Yikes... The guy is terrible. Go with someone else. We can't wait to turf him over here.

As i mentioned before Mike will stay with BC if he does not get a HC job.
My choice is Marshall for DC in Hamilton :cowboy: