Richardson out

Richardson out for tomorrow's game.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=371678

So Deslauriers draw in. This is his big chance to show the coaches that he can be a starter on this team. Good luck, Eric!

I think Deslauriers will just be a pilone out there. I have a good feeling Baker and London will be getting alot of passes. I wouldnt be suprised to see a couple of bombs to Prechae either...will see. I cant wait till tomorrow anyway!

I wouldn’t count Deslauriers out entirely
He looked good in practise
Fast…Big…good hands.

Is Prechae even activated for tomorrow’s game?
He didn’t practise with the 1st team as far as I saw

I could be mistaken, but I believe he’ll dress as a back up.

I’m upset that Richardson’s going to be missing this game, since I read somewhere he was hoping to be the one to catch that 395th TD pass. I was sort of hoping it would be Richardson, too, but alas, all that matters in the end is that the Als pull out a win.

Depth chart is up

Bratton, London, Green, Baker

Deslauriers and Rodriguez to split duties on 5 receiver sets.

Seems like as good a time as any to emphasize the run game.

I think we shouldn't change a thing :slight_smile:

I’m not advocating completely redoing our game plan because Jamel is out. But we saw how effective the ground game can be against Toronto in last year’s EDF. :wink:

I think the game plan…ultimately…will be dictated by how well the passing game goes over
This is how things went last year…
When it was obvious that a team had the passing game stymied…it was Avon time
Ironically…Cobourne had some of his biggest games last year against guess who?
The Argos…right

Toronto hasn’t allowed a passing touchdown yet this season
So when Milanovich gets that sour look on his face
You’ll know it’s Avon time
Errr…Brandon time
Dude needs a nickname…seriously!
Brando?
The Godfather?
The Horror?

Go Als Go!
Sole possession of 1st place
or a 3-way tie

Yep. They tend also to go to the running game when the offense is backed up to its own 20 or further back. We’ll see what kind of game T&M call tonight. I’m hoping that Whitaker sees his share of touches on the ground. He’s a better runner than I initially gave him credit for, and I’d like to see him have some success.

I’ve been impressed by Whitaker too so far
He’s got excellent instincts as far as patience in finding those elusive “holes”
He seems to have longer strides than a lot of backs, despite not being very tall
Good acceleration and speed
And seems to be able to take a hit.
And his blocking has been up to the task

I’m pretty sure we haven’t yet encountered an “elite” defensive squad
Toronto should be a good test for the whole team
Winnipeg is looking massive
Calgary looks solid on D too
And surprising Edmonton has the best D-stats so far

So I’ll wait a few weeks before gushing about The Godfather
But he has looked good so far

All true. I haven’t seen him miss a block that resulted in a hit or sack on Calvillo. I only hope he’s 100% recovered from his concussion.

I'm pretty sure we haven't yet encountered an "elite" defensive squad Toronto should be a good test for the whole team Winnipeg is looking [i]massive[/i] Calgary looks solid on D too And surprising Edmonton has the best D-stats so far
BC has a good defense. They just ran into us on the wrong day. :twisted:

But I agree that Toronto will be a stiff defense. That said, patience, balance with the running game, and execution should be enough to give us the win, provided we don’t mess the bed on special teams.