return game???? running game????

Did they cut Tavoy Moore yet?

I guess this thread that I started a month ago has not changed my opinion of this team. No running game (o-line problem)or

return game (austin's problem)

I’m trying to find some good data, but it seems to me that the Cats return game is fairly good. Good, positive yards on just about every play. They do not, however have a return for a TD and stats wise that may skew the results when compared against teams that do. I would like to see a return taken to the house as often as possible, but I’m not so sure that yards wise the return game is that bad.

If we ever get Lamar back and healthy again I would love to see him return some kick offs no doubt he has speed, Banks has been a bit sluggish so far this year I'm sure he will improve over time. Cary Koch is a good returner as he demonstrated in Edmonton last year.

As far as C.J. Gable he needs to get the ball more and not five times per game but more like 20 and have the O-Line that can open a few holes for the back, or start stacking the run game with Prime or Dell at FB kick out blocking for Gable and get it going. The one thing about Gable he may start out slow early in the season but he can add up the yards pretty quick as the season progresses.

In regards to Gables record last year, that was last year, this is this year and a whole new year to be judged by, he can either improve on last years performance or not at all, 1,000 rushing yards still waiting for the taking?

GO CATS GO!!

Any chance we could put Harris in the backfield? His 48 yard rumble after picking up that fumble was pretty impressive, breaking tackles and carrying guys on his back. Granted, it was against the Eskimos' offensive players who aren't used to tackling. But still a very nice run. Wonder if he can block....

But seriously, they need to give Gable the ball more on the ground. He has the ability to get those extra few yards after initial contact, and once he makes it through the crowd, he's very elusive. He had six carries for 43 yards this week - that's a 7.2 yard per carry average. And that's not exaggerated by one long run; his longest was only 13 yards. I'd take that any day.

Banks was over 25 yards for kick off returns but was shut down returning punts last game long of 10 yards and less the 5 yards per return avg.