Retired numbers

I wonder what jersey number he would have worn had he actually signed here.

I believe Devon Coleman was traded to BC, just after Chapman was drafted, so he could have fit into a rather, as he turned out, appropriate single digit jersey.

Maybe # 420 ?

1 Like

That would have been far out, man.

1 Like

Ricky Williams’ retired number…

1 Like

2 Likes

John Barrow’s number should be retired as he was named Line Man of the Century. When he passed away in 2015 It was not acknowledged by the team.

3 Likes

Was not aware that John Barrow was named lineman of the century. Seems that the Ti-Cats had so many great players in the 60’s.
cfl-mourns-the-passing-of-hall-of-famer-john-barrow/#:~:text=He%20was%20the%20Eastern%20nominee%20for%20the%20CFL%E2%80%99s,the%20CFL%20Lineman%20of%20the%20Century%20in%201967.

I’m old, so
the top 2

The first one .

1 Like

The top one will eventually be another tattoo for me. It will be a retirement present to myself in 5 or 6 years

1 Like

The top two.

1 Like

Top one is a classic but third one down is a lot cleaner and more modern. Also partial to the red tongue.

2 Likes

The first one. Classic.

1 Like

As noted by many of you already, #1 and #3 are very similar, and are clearly the best of the 4. However, IMHO, #1 is too dark while #3 is much clearer (also “FOOTBALL” is better spaced), and as mentioned above, the RED tongue becomes a focal point against the surrounding the black-gold-white palette.

3 Likes

Yes, the top two, better representing toughness. The bottom 2 remind me of what the bad guys, in animated cartoons appear like after being jolted with a punishing electric shock.

treehouse of horror 90s GIF

1 Like

I actually love all four pictures, but you are correct in saying that the newer ones look more clean and modern. Those vector style graphics are also easier to reproduce on various merchandise like shirts and hats.

2 Likes

It should never have been changed.