Reserve your seat

How many people out there have 'Reserved their seat' via the ottawa67s.com web site.

Just another way of showing your support. I have.

Ditto.

SUPPORT THE CFL IN OTTAWA !
by tc23 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm

On March 25, 2008, the CFL Board of Governors awarded a conditional franchise to an Ottawa group that includes 67's owner Jeff Hunt. The franchise will be condition free when the Hunt group negotiates a stadium deal with the City of Ottawa. You are invited to show your support for the franchise by reserving a seat in the stadium for the team's first season. Each seat reservation is $25 and special consideration is being given to former season ticket holders of the Ottawa Renegades and/or Ottawa Rough Riders.

Reserve your seat(s) at Capital Tickets by following this link:

http://tinyurl.com/9trvss

As a show of good faith, Mr. Melnyk gets a 10 percent discount on all seats reserved. :wink:

At all Vancouver and Portland MLS games.

True enough!

I have a dilemma about this. I want to show support for the CFL in Ottawa by buying a seat reservation. But, I wouldn't actually end up buying season's tickets (being that I live in Calgary). So should I buy one or not?

I don't know how they could force you to shell out the full amount when tickets actually go on sale, but you probably don't want to take that chance.

This kind of thing is tough. I'm sure the Hunt group wanted to be able to point to a large number for support, but people don't know where they're going to be three years down the road. We have a lot of people in the military living here, for example. They can't be sure of where they're going to live in 2011.

It was worth a shot, but it probably amounted to very little for them.

I live in Hamilton, I bought 2 reserved seats. I will probably go down a couple times when the Tiger-Cats are playing. Ottawa is a GREAT city ! Make a trip out of it. Go see the Stamps play and enjoy the city, take in the Nations Capital, and support the CFL.
I encourage you to support this great league any way you can.
Even if you reserve one seat, when it comes to season tickets, most teams now have the never waste a ticket policy where you can save up your tickets and trade them in.
THIS IS OUR LEAGUE

Well, I know if Ottawa gets a team, I'll be going to a game probably at least once a year since my wife is from there and has family there and just outside in Casselman. Going to Ottawa Easter weekend to visit family, maybe I'll wear my CFL team sweater around.

I already support this league (and Canadian football in general) in any way I can … but if I were to plan a trip to Ottawa, I’d plan to include the Stamps playing there, if possible. Actually, I’d probably plan it to go to a game there regardless of who was playing. But I wouldn’t end up going more than once, especially since I likely won’t be visiting Ottawa more than once every 10 years or so … Basically, the next time I plan to go to Ottawa is in 2014 (Grey Cup) and I’ll get the rest of my Ottawa visiting (eg, the war museum, etc) out of the way at that time.

If I lived within 2 hours of Ottawa, I probably would buy season’s … but seeing as I live four hours away by plane, it’s not the most economic of purchases … though maybe I will look into donating a ticket or two to charity.

The Lansdowne Live CFL Info seems to say you could choose to not go ahead with a season's ticket purchase (forcing you to buy them after making the deposit would likely be somewhat illegal!) but I'm sure they'd do everything they could to make you buy them.

"Q: What if I place a deposit and then decide I don't want to buy season tickets?
A: All deposits are non-refundable with a prevailing franchise bid. "

I think $25 is a good, relatively low-cost way of getting firm support.

I just don't know if I can justify saying that I would buy season's tickets, when I actually probably wouldn't ... but jm02 did have a good suggestion (on the main forums) about buying tickets for a charity (in her opinion, one for kids). Here in Calgary we have a charity called "Kids Up Front" (www.kidsupfront.com) that takes unused tickets and gives them to kids. Doesn't look like it's in Ottawa though (at least not yet) ... is there something similar out there?

I think $25 is a good, relatively low-cost way of getting firm support.
Image if the Bills in Toronto Series had to pay $25 for your chance at getting tickets

that 200,000 or so people would have went down to 10.

Look, tell me where I can send $25.00 to ensure Ottawa gets a team back in our league with great local owners like Jeff Hunt, and I'll purolate the friggin cheque tonight as we speak! AndI live about 6 hours drive from Ottawa.

On March 25, 2008, the CFL Board of Governors awarded a conditional franchise to an Ottawa group that includes 67's owner Jeff Hunt. The franchise will be condition free when the Hunt group negotiates a stadium deal with the City of Ottawa. You are invited to show your support for the franchise by reserving a seat in the stadium for the team's first season. Each seat reservation is $25 and special consideration is being given to former season ticket holders of the Ottawa Renegades and/or Ottawa Rough Riders.

LETS GO OTTAWA !!! JUMP ON BOARD !!!

How many seats have been sold so far ??

They kind of stopped that thing. Roger Greenberg talked about it during the question period leading up to the vote. When it became harder and harder to determine the year in which the team would actually take the field, they stopped promoting it.

Hooray
BIG Als fan here
But it would be great to see the Ottawa RoughRiders in action again

Next up: Halifax!

How many seats have been reserved ??

As far as I'm concerned Ottawa fans should be all over this now that the stadium is a go.

Its only 25$ for each seat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON OTTAWA !!!!!!!!!!!! :thup: