Report: Quarterback Mason Fine to start for Riders

REGINA — Quarterback Mason Fine is likely to start for the Saskatchewan Roughriders this weekend against the Calgary Stampeders.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/19/report-quarterback-mason-fine-to-start-for-riders/

Desperation time. I wonder whether they can re-sign him next year after this. Was this solely Dickensen’s choice? It looks like he’s the fall guy should the Riders miss the playoffs.

May require an organizational change from top down. Getting way ahead of myself but Goveia or McManus would be likely candidates at the top end - dipping in the Bomber drawer as they did with Taman in the past. Very interesting off-season coming in Regina regardless what happens final 2 games methinks.

1 Like

This sucks. Riders were going to win this game with Cody,they probably win with Fine,but is just bad all around, Cody put it all out there and then they do this to him.

For sure my hope is that Fine cant get it done and Cody comes in and saves the day. This reminds me of Doug Flutie being benched for Rob Johnson. Nope not a NFL fan but made exception for our Ambassador Flutie

2 Likes

When a QB isn't getting the wins the Coaching Staff (HC) have to make changes. Failure to do something messes up the Fan support and can result in Staff getting the boot.
Craig Dickenson has moved into survival mode with this benching of Fajardo. What else could he do?

Well, it is obvious that Cody will not be a Rider next year. I feel bad for him as the Rider leadership failed miserably in getting any O-line protection for him. If they had, I am not saying we win everything but we would at least be in the playoff mix. Cody has been made a scapegoat. I wish him all of the best next year wherever he lands. My hope and prayer now is that Reynolds at the very top, O'Day at the next level then Craig D and Maas are given the boot within seconds of our second loss to Calgary next week. I will gladly accept a rebuilding year or two if they are true rebuilding years and not just a glossed over attempt with these incompetent leaders of the Rider organization. So very sad in a year that you host the Grey Cup for the leadership to put in such a poor effort!

2 Likes

Wow, Cody Fajardo gets no vote of confidence from Dickenson. Fine has a very small sample size to give him the reigns in such a big game.
It sure doesn't sound good for the future of Fajardo in Regina.
Maybe the Roughriders will make a pitch for Bo Levi Mitchell in the off season?

BLM is not the answer.

1 Like

WOW. What a catastrophic show of incompetence on this regime. You F******* Loser management team that could not give Fjardo 2 steamboats in the pocket when a deep double zig triple zag is the play call??????????????????? You give him a F************ washed up Canadian as his running back, and then a slotback as his backup when the inevitable uselessness of the washed up Canadian comes to fruition in the game. Fjardo was far from the problem this team has. I'm out. One of the empty seats you see on TV this weekend is mine.

2 Likes

If they go there, I don’t even know what to say about the insanity that would be.

2 Likes

I agree . I don’t think that Bo Live Matters is the answer to what is ailing these Riders .

1 Like

It is not Fajardo's fault that we've lost nine of our last 11 games. And it doesn't matter who else you put back there, we're not going to get any kind of spark until we get an offensive line that can provide more than half a second of protection. I mean, come on. A kindergarten Red Rover team would let fewer people through than our O-Line.

3 Likes

They should be replacing Dickenson as he's the one most responsible with his laissez-faire attitude. He should be in sales as he talks the talk but can't walk the talk. Hope he gets the boot ASAP.

Please no. BLM would be worse behind this turnstile oline

2 Likes

ODay and Maas need to go first.

3 Likes

Not much more to add. Everyone else has said it all. This is just dumb, anyway you try to spin it. The incompetence is not on Fajardo’s shoulders. this would be a good spot for certain coaches and management to exit.

1 Like

I wonder if this has anything to do with Cody taking a "Vet" day?

Well all the usual yahoos can direct their hate at a different qb now as soon as anything goes wrong.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter who is under center if the center, guards, and tackles don’t protect him.

This was a known weakness, and ODay either neglected or was not capable of doing his job.

2 Likes

But… but Rob Johnson was taller. In NFL parlance that means he was better than that little runt Flutie who just won them all those games and got them into the playoffs. Tall people also get all the gals and fart rainbows.

I heard they poop Skittles too

2 Likes