Report: Lions add Colin Kaepernick to their negotiation list

I’m ok with any move that helps VA throw less INTs.

1 Like

He’s 35 and out of football for six years. It’s nothing more than a PR stunt

2 Likes

I was thinking more for the 2024 season . This guy is much more talented than Adams IMO . A successful 2024 Lions season with Colin would again prove the Canada gets it and the US is still looking for judging people by their skills and not their skin .

The Steelers just signed a player who hasn’t played in the NFL since 2017 . These are young men who take care of their bodies unlike the old days when players came to camp to get in shape . I hope Colin does well in either league because he is a man of character and that still matters .

This is a great point with which I would normally agree, but you left out the part that said player is a punter. He’s also not necessarily going to play either, for it depends on the healing or not of the starting punter. This player is mere insurance now.

As Colin could be this year or perhaps a starter next year . If the Lions were to list their top QBs over the years do you think Adams would be in the upper echelon ?

I share your views on Collin and have the utmost respect for him, but I think he has been out too long and a comeback at 35 would be tough. There is also no indication he is interested in playing in the CFL and I doubt he is but if by some miracle he was then great, give him a try.

3 Likes

Is? Was? At 35yo starting over? I have no doubt about the skill he had, you don’t land a starters job in the NFL without being exceptional. Does he still have ‘it’? What if the team rallied around VA? Teams can be very loyal to their leader. Call me a bird in the hand kind of guy, we’re doing just dandy without him.

2 Likes

It’s your team and your opinions are more important than mine . I get that and believe that to be true . If Colin was on the Cat Neg List I’d be praying that they bring him in . :heartbeat:

I commented on that earlier. BC would seem at first blush to be the last team needing a back up QB that could become the starter. If Collin was actually interested I’m sure someone could trade BC for his rights.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that the Cats trade for his rights ala Bo Levi ? That is an interesting point . :+1:

Not saying other Lion fans might not have a different opinion (or several😄). What gets me, which you infer to, is that there are several other teams (you know who you are!) who could be a better fit for CK. He could get a legitimate shot at starter pretty quickly IF he still has the stuff. I feel the Lions should stand pat, we’re winning most of our games, tied for 1st in the West, with arguably the best 1/2 punch in the league at QB. Chemistry is real, don’t mess with it, is my feeling here. Cheers.

1 Like

He was at one time…

3 Likes

Exactly . Been der dun that .

2 Likes

He certainly would be ahead of a guy who hasn’t played in six years

1 Like

Johnny Football was a rich kid with attitude while Colin was a young black man who had to prove he belonged in the NFL and he succeeded for 6 seasons . He is not Jim Brown or Muhammad Ali but his stance was important . The land of the free is not a reality yet .

2 Likes

Hardly a fair question given the amount of games he’s played for us so far.

He’s a 33 year old and just earned a starters position . I hope this season is not an outlier for the Lions . Go Lions :+1: :+1:

You’re the Cats fan so I can’t say but I suspect like Bo that he’s probably past his best before date. I would love to see him in a CFL uniform but just can’t see it happening.

2 Likes

Started lots for Montreal. His record with BC is 12-5. Early days for comparison with guys like Lulay, Pierce, etc. but only time will tell.

1 Like