Report: Elks' Lawler to miss time with ankle injury

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Elks could be without one of their top players as they head into the OK Tire Labour Day Weekend.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/31/report-elks-lawler-to-miss-time-with-ankle-injury/

That's not going to help sell tickets at Commonwealth is it? More bad news for EE & the league.

1 Like

More terrible news. In my opinion Lawler is the best receiver in the league. I can't imagine what the score would have been last week had he not been on the field to make the amazing catches he did on balls thrown in his general vicninity.

1 Like

Well being a Lions fan I'll give that accolade to my man Burnham, but I won't argue the point. And yes, terrible news for a team that needs every break it can get, for every fan's sake.

1 Like

Potential TSN highlight packages just got shorter, to be sure.

Im no Edm fan, but this news sucks. Hoping for a speedy recovery

1 Like

I have to give the edge to Lawler over Burnham and Lewis just because of who they have throwing them the ball. All great receivers.

1 Like

You're not an earthling, and I don't want to meet your leader. :alien: :alien:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. He has been playing lights out! On a team that gets stirred and shaken every week as Chris Jones ferries players in and out, Lawler has been the stability.

So many ankle injuries to receivers this year. Seems more than usual. Anyone have ideas as to the reasons?