Report: Bombers' Zach Collaros not at practice Wed.

REGINA – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers were missing a familiar face as they began their week of preparation for the 109th Grey Cup.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/16/report-bombers-zach-collaros-not-at-practice-wed/

Not to worry, he's just having a vet day.:open_mouth:

1 Like

Is this just mind games, or is the lower body injury a real concern?

Stay tuned
....same Zach time
............same Zach channel

2 Likes

While in Rome...

1 Like

Will he or won't he? Does he or doesn't he? (only his hairdresser knows for sure).

1 Like

As a Stamps fan I have become a good fan of Mike O'shea and some of the Bombers players. Especially Collaros who had a rocky ride to his present status in the CFL. I am a fan of Schoen, Bighill etc. Love the fact O'shea is Canadian. Not to fussy about Canadian receiver Demski, Olivera etc who are just too hot dog for my liking. In this Grey Cup I am a big fan of Pinball but MBT is a hothead and lost my interest. Go Bombers.

1 Like

Pretty large amount of tape went on that ankle. I hope he is going to be ok

2 Likes

Worry not. Zach will be fine. His ankle might be another story. Later he'll have to climb stairs at the stadium and the floor he's on will be yet another story.

1 Like

If Zach Collaros is not 100% healthy, the Argos could definitely be the winners of the Grey Cup game.

Richard

1 Like

Zach's ankle injury is possibly the WORST kept secret in the CFL.

3 Likes

Ankles and knees take some time to heal no matter how important you are or how significant the game is. Zack will miss this Grey Cup Game but coach O'Shea knows well the importance of sealed lips before Canada's biggest football game... :kiss: :football: :football:. :face_with_monocle:

The last time a Bombers stud QB went down with injury in the conference final and had to miss the Grey Cup, they had to start a QB who hadn't played a single game before then. His name was...Ryan Dinwiddie!

2 Likes

You're right. Ryan Dinwiddie knows the drill. If a Blue Bomber starting QB goes down before the Grey Cup then Dinwiddie automatically tanks the team he's on, which kinda sucks for the Argos.

It's all in Dinwiddie's 'quarterback care and feeding' manual (right after the section on paper training).

2 Likes

Small world ain't it or history repeating somewhat?
Take yer pik

1 Like

There is a well known term in the CFL if Zach misses this Grey Cup Game.

IT'S CALLED "The Argo Bounce" :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

With or without the services of veteran Bombers quarterback Zack Collaros. The Bombers will be hard pressed to 3 peat for the 109th Grey Cup. The Argos have never lost to the Bombers in a Grey Cup game. What is most ironic however is they last met in the "Mud Bowl" in 1950-11 years before I arrived on the planet. :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

May the best team win :exclamation: :football: :canada: :sailboat: :anchor:

If Zach can walk, he'll play.
That might make the Argo front 7 a little more hungry...

3 Likes

I've said it throughout the year, I always want the best players playing healthy on both teams all season long and especially in the playoffs, near impossible. Best of luck, skill, momentum, rabbits feet, horseshoes & anything else we as fans can offer them. Play hard, play fair, play well....leave it on the field, the glory only goes to one team. 3 quotes come to mind.

"Get your popcorn ready, 'cause we're gonna put on a show.”

"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."

"Just remember, the mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays, either."

1 Like

Dinwiddie is now experienced enough to maintain the mirage (Collaros playing the Grey Cup). If he concedes to press reports then his team may suffer a minor let down as its assumed they'll bury the Bombers without Collaros in tow.

One other minor thing - if MBT can't bury Dru Brown in only Brown's 2nd or 3rd CFL start there's something seriously wrong with him. The Bomber D can only withstand so many Argo reps and MBT bombs. Without Collaros the Bombers may be able to keep the score close for 15 to 25 minutes - but they'll break if the Bombers are in 2 + Out mode.

If Collaros is 90% - I'll predict Argos 29, Bombers 15
If its Brown & Prukop - Argos 43, Bombers 19

1 Like