Report: All-Star OT Jermarcus Hardrick headed to Riders

TORONTO — TSN’s Farhan Lalji is reporting that pending free agent Jermarcus Hardrick is set to make a big move.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2024/02/05/report-all-star-ot-jermarcus-hardrick-headed-to-riders

This is guy I had hoped they would go after, never should have let him get away in the first place.

2 Likes

This is excellent news.

2 Likes

Good signing if it holds up. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Very very expensive, at >230k per and a 120k signing bonus its doubtful the riders have much more to spend… Riderfans always look at other teams with a suspicious eye with these types of signing. Funny they arent now

Sour grapes post if I ever saw one.

3 Likes

Not at all, you over paid, Oday was desprate and didnt even negotiate! . Yes the Riders oline is probably better, but the cost is high…

A good signing is a good signing. I don’t think it is an over payment for talent by any means.
If the riders don’t make significant improvements in the standing then it will be an over payment . It will also be one of a dozen or more problems that we’re not properly addressed.
Now, what the Ticats paid to Bo… That’s an over payment 100 times over

3 Likes

Bo’s renegotiated deal is pretty faborable for Hamilton, for a QB he is a bargain now

1 Like

I was talking about the initial pay package. And right now even with the new deal, he is overpaid. Most likely the Cats have a plan B and plan C being worked on as we speak of this.

1 Like

I will say this Bo’s deal with Stamps was definitely an over pay at $725,000.00 so was Michael Reilly at $750,000.00

But the owner is $$$$. And bo was doing great d for a lot of years.

1 Like

$230k for a 33-year-old right tackle is definitely overpaying. It may work out for the Riders, but it’s by no means a given. Unproven OC, team rebuilding, a far less mobile starting QB (Harris) than Hardrick had in Winnipeg.

1 Like

Yep!! 100%

and we have the money to do it…

1 Like

it is only overpaying if you cannot afford it OR it don’t help the team improve.

3 Likes

Um, no. Overpaying is overpaying in a cap world, where every extra dollar you spend is a dollar you don’t have to spend elsewhere on the roster.

Not under the cap you dont,

It might be an overpayment in the sense that no other team would pay close to that, but that is also why they got him. He will no doubt improve their recently much maligned O Line. If I were a Rider fan I would be happy. I am also of the opinion that Bo is overpaid at any price given his play since 2018.

I also wince at your conspiracy theory like allegations. Can you support your allegation that the Riders don’t have much more to spend? I don’t know, but I would have thought they are among the better positioned teams under the salary cap.

I also don’t recall Rider fans looking at other teams with a suspicious eye “with these types of signings”. It appears to me that you have an axe to grind with the Riders and/or that your opinion is coloured by your love for the Stamps. Can you back up this statement?

Welcome to the forum, but I would suggest that you don’t continue posting sweeping negative allegations about teams you don’t favour without evidence to back them up.

3 Likes

Our O line has not protected the QB for a few years now. Cost Cody his job. This is a step toward fixing that. Harris Could have a great year.

2 Likes