Rengades Name Change?

That is such an awesome idea. I've never heard of it... why hasn't anyone ever mentioned it before? Honestly. Keep the Rens name, and do what I underlined. Riders is absolutely right about the rest he wrote.

I've said that for a while now. Bring back the "R" and keep the name Renegades. Ottawa is getting a 3rd jersey, which I found out last night that they will be wearing on opening day agaisnt Montreal. They should incorporate the "R" on the 3rd jersey, and use it for marketing purposes.

Section DD Crew - NORTH SIDE SUCKS

better then having the name beavers.

No need for a new name, just a new tradition of winning would be nice!

I (as a BB's fan) have come to the conclusion that "Renegades" comes from these things and is the best name for an Ottawa team:

1. The name is a combination of the "Rough Riders" or "Voyageurs" who roud the Ottawa river and Teddy Roosevelt's "Rough Riders" in spelling somewhat.
  2. Their the "Renegades" cuz their is talk of Ottawa and Hull-Gueatie(sp?) breaking away from Ontario and Quebec and froming their own district or region like Washington D.C. or the A.C.T. in Australia.

So Renegades is the best name for an Ottawa team. :wink:

What do you think?

Easyriders is also in the Renegades spelling as well.

Easy Riders

I think that will be the name of the Kelowna CFL team if expansion ever goes that far, the Kelowna Beavers.! :wink:

We would have to ask Brad Watters why he chose Renegades in a poll when the name Rough Riders came in first in the poll.

Move on you Rough Riders...

New generation, new team!!!

Black, Red and White... the colors keep the tradition...

And the record books... who cares.
The records still exist, that's what matters!

move on... i bet you werent even born when ottawa won the cup the last time...

ottawa has a great history in football lets not forget . long live the original the riders!!

How old are you MM ? 17, 18 ? To give you an idea from where I cam from I am 48 and have been following football since I was around 8 years old and aware of it since the early 60's.You will find, that as you get older you have a better appreciation history or for what happened before. I'm not trying to preach but tradition and history is important and 120 years of football records is not something you discard easily. You should sit down and watch CFL Traditions episodes, especially Ottawa's. If your a hockey fan, take a look at Legends of Hockey and PBS's Baseball series by Ken Burns. Watch these and listen to the stories and tell me if your opinion changes. There is no harm in merging Ottawa's record book and keeping institutions going.