Renegades serious bidders narrowed down to 2

Agreed. Attendance for the first game or two is going to be low, partly because they have a lot of ground to make up in a short time.
My post had originally said something similar, with sample numbers and all, but I got a bit wordy, so I cut it down before submitting it. You guys probably haven’t noticed, but I have a tendency to be verbose. :wink:

...not only that BigDave....you tend to be a bit wordy as well.. .just kidding.. (don't look at some of my posts)...By the way... are you going to be running the Virtual Grey Cup Challenge 06.?...and when does it start....that was a lot of fun last year...and how can you tell I'm getting a little anxious for the start of a new season.... :smiley: :arrow:

ottawa's attendance was between 16K-20K for every game in '05.....no game was 21K or more....that musta really hurt the CFL's average attendance...ouch!

the CFL's average attendance was around 28.5K....so when ottawa starts drawing good crowds of 27K+ and montreal expands to 25K, thats gotta help push up the league average.

no more of this QC stuff ok?

and Ottawa is done for 2006, we’ll see you next season as a new team with new colors etc!

Ottawa in 2007!

1000% agree!

Argh, Kanga, you only want the team to fold so that there's a chance a new team in Ottawa will use red jerseys and gold helmets ... the uniforms are the least important thing right now!!! While I admit I did like those uniforms they had back then, I can absolutely guarantee you that if the Renegades do suspend operatoins for this year, they will still be wearing black and red when they come back (assuming they come back after taking a year off ... I don't think a suspension like that is any good for business). And if the team outright folds, you can forget about the red/gold uniforms because you can probably (sadly) forget about CFL football in Ottawa. And if the team is bought, you can forget about red and gold uniforms because it's just not going to happen. They're not going to change Ottawa's colours. OItawa is black and red, always has been (except for a year or two in the 90s), and always will be. Look at the Senators ... And anyway, how are you so sure that Ottawa is done for 2006?!?
Good idea to integrate the Rough Riders and Renegades more ... I'm sure it would help. It may be worthwhile to suggest this to a new owner ...

It's now just the uniforms, although that IS my drive for wanting them to take this season off, the whole team needs to start over.

and while it suspends, I can e-mail the new owner with my ideas for the team. :smiley:

and don't forget, Black, Red and Gold, are the senators colors.

and I'm hell bend cuz it will likely happen, there is not enough time for the team to be on the field and truly a contender this season. and why play when your half ready and lose money when you can suspend, lose 0, and come back next year ready to go and maybe make a profit?

Yep. I’ve got my spreadsheet all ready for the new year…though if the Renegades don’t play, I’ll have to edit the whole thing. That’ll be quite a bit of work, especially considering there will be only 72 games instead of 81.

One more reason for me to want the team to survive. :smiley:

…yeah the Rens. thing has got an effect on a lot of stuff… especially scheduling…I hope it comes to some sort of resolve soon…everyones kinda guessing now…could go either way…good to hear you’re still gonna do the Challenge…counting the days… :arrow: