Renegades have become the farm team for Hamilton & CFL

With all the signings Hamilton have made from Ottawa, do you think the Ottawa Renegades have become the farm team for Hamilton & CFL, like the Expos were for MLB ? So far, Hamilton have signed from Ottawa, Joe Poapoa, his buddy, Kuani, Ranek, Hudson, and possibly Cheron. What do you think ? What is your opinion ?

:lol:

You are joking I hope? I think this is just the way things have turned out this year. But Hudson says in todays Hamilton Spectator that things are a tad messy there in Ottawa and he is glad to be out.

Hamilton has just done what the G's have seemed to fail to do for the Gades, which is:

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

and the CFL is totally cominted to keeping a team in Ottawa, unlike the Expos which MLB sold for the highest bidder. If it gets real bad, the league will take over Ottawa like they did Totonto and Hamilton.

If you look at the Argo roster you'll see plenty of ex-TiCats who were poached during the MacDonald and Grant era in Hamilton. The owners didn't have or wouldn't spend the money to keep free agents. Ron Lancaster was helpless to stop the bleeding.
Now the Renegades are going through the same cycle, except that they appear to be able to spend large dollars on certain American players but are letting core Canadian linemen leave.The Ottawa owners and management couldn't organize a one car funeral procession and unfortunately that appears to be where the franchise is heading. I guess there are no Bob Youngs in Ottawa.
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7 at Ivor Wynn)

...where are the Russ Jacksons....Ronnie Stewarts...that used to be a big part of football in Ottawa....they can't be that old....it must be hard for them to see the franchise struggling along like it is....someone has to step up...too bad O'Bilovitch didn't sign on....he has some great CFL.experience that is needed badly.... :idea:

Actually, Ranek signed for the amount he turned down in Ottawa. And I thought I heard that the Renegades were offering Hudson more than the Ticats did.

They said they didn’t want to be part of the “chaotic” organization in Ottawa; and I can’t blame them. During the McDonald/Grant days, we had an exodus of our own. No one wanted to play here, because they didn’t know if they would get a paycheque…and if they did, they weren’t 100% sure it wouldn’t bounce.

great point papazoo…when the oil were sinking they trotted out their old guys to generate some sense of tradition and muster support if they were smart the gliebs would try that with the rens

The renegades are spiraling downwards....and very quickly. For the good of the entire CFL lets hope they can put together a respectable team this year even with the loss of many of their players.

I agree that the CFL would simply take over the 'Gades if the Gs really mess things up. But Ottawa needs to field a competetive team this season to keep its fans happy. Have the 'Gades ever made the playoffs in their current incarnation?

Not yet.

The only loss out of the group of names you mention, that is of any importance to Ottawa in 2006 is Ranek - and even so American RB's are very replaceable. The 2 coaches were fired here, so Hamilton didnt exactly steal them from Ottawa. The 2 offensive linemen were part of the worst offensive line in the league last year, so who cares?? I will miss Ranek though. Although not sure what Hamilton will do then if Lumsden comes back.

That's a good question SR about what to do with Lumsden if he comes back. There is an article in today's Hamilton Spectator about the Cats acquiring Anthony Davis, a formeer Wisconsin Badger rb, who was the leading rusher of the Big Ten Conference and in 2001 ranked fifth in the U.S. in rushing. And, of course, Josh Ranek is here now also. So the Cats are not counting on Lumsden coming back it seems. And if he does, well, who knows, if he doesn't like maybe running back kicks or not being the no. 1 rb, maybe a trade is in the works then.

I liked Lumsden from what I saw of him for the later part of the season in 2005. But hes gonna keep going ot the NFL until somebody takes him. I dont think anybody ever will. Ranek will be a great addition to the ti-cat back field. And with Jason Mass at QB we actually have somebody who can throw more TD then interceptions in a season. The ti-cat future is looking good:D

I liked Lumsden from what I saw of him for the later part of the season in 2005. But hes gonna keep going ot the NFL until somebody takes him. I dont think anybody ever will. Ranek will be a great addition to the ti-cat back field. And with Jason Mass at QB we actually have somebody who can throw more TD then interceptions in a season. The ti-cat future is looking good:D

If the offensive line sucked, it was because they only had one decent player: Hudson. Now they've lost him, so they've gone from terrible to disgraceful.

Cheron was essentially a backup here before going to the Renegades, but was pretty good, and may be ready to step into a starter's role.

You like this one Ro!

LOL!! That's hilarious!!!

That’s a good one R&W. Can you do one with Lonie, Forrest and Bernie?

Good job Red. I agree with Double Blue try to include the three in the three ring circus.

OKay you guys requested them here they are Lonie, Bernie and Forrest!