Renegades catch look at receiver

[url=http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/sports/story.html?id=30e02535-19a2-4f16-8c7a-960d436e9c1e]http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/new ... 0d436e9c1e[/url]

Ottawa Renegades head coach John Jenkins is known for his passing-game expertise, and it seems he has found a new toy for Kerry Joseph.

The Renegades quarterback raved about wide receiver Sean Riley, whom the club has recently signed, following a workout in Texas. Joseph travelled to Houston from his offseason home in Florida to meet Jenkins and put Riley through paces.

"He looked pretty good," Joseph said yesterday. "He reminds me of Jason Armstead. He has quickness, catches the ball well, and runs routes like Jason. He is explosive like Jason, and a little bit bigger, but I don't think he is as fast."

Riley, 31, stands 5-9 and weighs roughly 165 pounds. A veteran of six Arena Football League seasons, the Western Michigan University product was also on the Renegades' negotiation list back when Eric Tillman was the team's general manager. In 2004, though, Ottawa dealt Riley's rights with receiver Denis Montana and a draft pick to Calgary for defensive back Hassan Probherbs, who later retired.

Jenkins was Calgary's offensive co-ordinator at the time, but Riley was subsequently dropped from the Stampeders' negotiation list after a management change in 2005.

The Renegades intend to dress at least four imports in Jenkins' five-receiver offence. With Armstead and Yo Murphy under contract and front-runners to claim starting positions, Riley will likely compete for one of the two remaining jobs.

Notes: Ottawa is talking with Lenard Semajuste, an Ottawa native who was drafted in the sixth round last year. Semajuste completed his college career at Adams State in Colorado as a defensive end. Previously, the Sir Robert Borden grad played fullback. ... Jenkins will return to Ottawa tomorrow and stage a news conference here for the first time since being hired in November. Jenkins and several Renegades are in Halifax today for "Touchdown Atlantic," an event to promote the June 3 exhibition game between Ottawa and Montreal at Huskies Stadium.

I've "been living in a cave" for the last few weeks on the G's weild moves, so the Gades are having their traning camp in FLA right now right?

hope they are able to fill the holes left by the players that left them.

no im pretty sure they decided to keep the camp in ottawa i forget where they put it though. Gades shouldn't be any better or worse than last year, i expect a few upset wins but for them to miss the playoffs again.

Why can't they get KJ a big target, all they got is little smurfs.

Couldn't agree with you more Gades, the team needs a stud out there and not another under 6' receiver.