Releases.......

Deck, Juhasz, Gesser and De La Perralle.......

Deck and Juhasz are understandable.......we just picked up some decent DBs and Mike sat on his offer for so long that the club started looking elsewhere.....we now have nine legitmate receivers anyway (Lewis, Copeland, Rambo, Thurmon, Howell, MacDonald, Ralph, Jenkins and Wilkins) making our stable one of the best.......

.....Gesser is a little more of a surprise........I thought he was higher on the depth chart than Harris and Wimprine......

R&W look at my post in CFL talk we got four more NFL receivers today.

It's a bit surprising to me that Gesser was let go as well....not that I was overly impressed with him last year, but let's face it we didn't see much of him. Were I the Calgary brain trust I'd have let Wimprine go, he sure didn't impress me at all. However, I'd suggest you Calgary fans watch out for Harris; he REALLY impressed me last year, I think he has all the tools to be a star in this league.

It's a bit surprising to me that Gesser was let go as well....not that I was overly impressed with him last year, but let's face it we didn't see much of him. Were I the Calgary brain trust I'd have let Wimprine go, he sure didn't impress me at all. However, I'd suggest you Calgary fans watch out for Harris; he REALLY impressed me last year, I think he has all the tools to be a star in this league.

Actually if you watched the practises and the games Gesser played in he had a weak arm compared to D Wimp. D Wimp played much better and had fewer intercepts. I believe they did the right thing. Also you have to factor in the age and Danny is a young guy willing to learn the pro game. I have also heard he is cool in the game and does not get fazed in the heat of battle. J Harris will get a look see but Gesser just did not do the job.