Relax....take a breath...

Ya...it was pretty bad.
I think a lot of it was like... deer in the headlights, to be fair, to most of the players.
Over-hyped..jitters..etc, etc, etc.
We have to give these guys the time to " get it together. " Even Printers had the 100 yd stair.
There was flashes..of good things to come, on Offence.
Defence...lots of work to be done, still.
Even Zeke didn't look that great.
In a week or two...this blow-out in game one, will be forgotten.

Better Games, ahead.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Cheers.

Nah, I'd rather write the team off now. Fire the coach, trade Printers and Lumsden and start over again. :roll:

I'm with you, Xenu...'Cause if you wait, you might not get the good seat on the bus, eh? 8)

Nah, I'd rather write the team off now. Fire the coach, trade Printers and Lumsden and start over again.
Come on... Xenx

Guys did you really expect the Cats to light up the skies tonight? Continuity is not established in one game. There are a bit too many panicky people on the forums.

A couple of good things that came out of this;

Casey did everything humanly positive to win us a game. Sure he got the penalty, but at least he's showing emotion and leadership that WILL translate later on. His performance was limited to discipline penalties on the line. That will turn around.

Tre Smith is a stud. He'll be one to watch out for as a sleeper pick to having a solid season.

Things will turn around in a few games. Give it some time Debbie Downers.

Cheers

Things will turn around in a few games. Give it some time Debbie Downers.
Well said.

^^^^Agreed

Not at all but honnestly I didn't expect Montreal would be practicing their running game and backups for most of a quarter. There was some nice things like Printers heart and some of the receivers. But there should be some serious alarm bells going on Jarvis street right now. Hell they made Avon Cobourne look like a league all star.

Good points mentioned HfxTC. I think it is way too early to worry at this point. We at the very least have the most important position solidified at QB. It really starts from there. Casey is a gamer and apparently a leader.

Yes--Hang tough! This team has potenial, but
it may take a few years to find it.

Gee thanks :roll:

Casey did show great leadership qualities under trying circumstances and Smith really is a keeper.

I'll give you that one; the run defense was non existent. I still say that letting the Big Dog go was insane; but I digress.

They got hammered. No one denies that. I found it entertaining though to see the flashes that they did show.

Scott Mitchell is a definite keeper. He made a couple rookie mistakes but, that's football. We needed Jesse to support the passing attack that was developing nicely. Unfortunately the one dimensional attack sputtered out. Against a good defense like Montreal you gotta bring everything.

I've seen the shape of things to come though. Casey was threading the needle and the receivers were making great catches in traffic. Pat Woodcock, where's he been hiding?! Great stuff from him tonight.

The one knock on Casey tonight, I think he let his frustration get the best of him in the third quarter when the receivers were getting blanketed and he showed it (throwing his helmet). This year will test his maturity and ability to continue to be a leader during the growing pains of a young squad.

Creehan was taking lessons from last years defensive co-ordinator. Rush 3 for 2 plays, rush 5 for 1 play. Creehan needs to get more creative, send the safety on a blitz, drop a defensive lineman into coverage, have the linebackers move around a bit.