Reinebold replaced

Ticats set to shuffle coaching staff
Posted onAugust 7, 2017byDrew Edwards// 0 Comments
The Ticats are set to shuffletheir coaching staff, including a change at defensive coordinator.
Defensive coordinator Jeff Reinebold, who has been with head coach Kent Austin for his entire four-plus seasons in Hamilton, will be replaced by linebackers coach Phillip Lolley.
Reinebold took over the defence this season after spending four years as special teams coordinator but his unit has struggled so far this season. They are last in the CFL in points allowed (39.0 per game), net offence allowed (460 yards) and yards per play (7.5) among others. The Ticats are 0-6 on the season
Reineboldmay with remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones.

Lolley, joined the Ticats this season after spending three years with Chris Jones in both Saskatchewan and Edmonton. Before coming to the CFL, the 63-year-old Alabama native spent more than a decade with the Auburn Tigers of the NCAA as both a defensive coach and front office staff member.
[i]'I ain't paid my rent for nothing': Mike Jones expects Montreal Alouettes to complete Grey Cup run - 3DownNation

Personally I would rather have seen Dennis McPhee promoted to DC

McGee would be a shoe in as he paid his dues in the CFL

"Reineboldmay remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones."

So Reinebold may be the Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach? :o :o :o

I hope the Cats keep Reinbold and he decides to stay. Just remember the mess last year under Orlando. Would it have been any better with him this year? Not likely. Injuries and lack of quality assessment and recruitment is what I believe is really hurting this team. There has to be better GM's available.Next man up is not ready or capable on this team.

Soooo I guess that means that he would be getting the coffee to give to Jones that Jones would be then giving to Austin ? ???

Reinebold just sent a goodbye tweet to his players I highly doubt hes staying

Everybody loves Reinbold, but this is a move I saw coming a few weeks back. We have all star players in our front 7 who have been invisible (think Simoni, Dean, Chick, and when he is actually allowed to play, Tracy). These guys should be all over the opposing QB’s. Reinbold was not using the players properly. Add to that the constant rotation of DB’s in and out of positions on a weekly basis (why wasn’t all this determined in training camp?), the last drive, collossal defensive collapse in the first Edmonton game, and the joke of a cushion the DB’s were constantly giving Reilly and his receivers in the last Edmonton game, and this move had to be made. This firing should light a fire under a lot of players, who probably thought Reinbold was untouchable, and who are probably now thinking that they could be next if they mail it in vs Winnipeg in the next, must-win game.

TIME TO SAY ALOHA - TO EVERY PLAYER WHO GAVE SO MUCH... I LOVE YOU....LIKE WE TALKED ABOUT AFTER THE EE GAME - YOU WILL WIN BECAUSE OF THE KIND OF MEN YOU ARE - IT WAS A BLAST WATCHING YOU GROW....TO EVERY @TiCats WHO CHEERED SO LOUD MAHALO FOR AN AMAZING 5 YEARS....MR YOUNG, SCOTT MITCHELL & ALL THE FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK MAHALO & KEEP WINNING!

Wish they'd have put him back to ST...they were much better under him.

Reports now coming out that Jeff has been fired.

, “a hui hou?, usually used to bidfarewellwhen leaving.

It's a shame they didn't leave him at ST coordinator where he was clearly excelling.

Of course the tragedy of the situation is lessened considerably by the fact that coaches get their full contracts paid out, and having just signed on to a new role this season, JR probably gets paid for the next couple of years for not working, if that's what he chooses. And he seems like the kind of guy that would do something fun, like take a motorcycle trip through South America.

Agreed. Much more CFL experience. The guy has been with the Ticats on and off since the friggin 90’s.

I hope Lilley is on a short term contract like June Jones. We don't need any more long term contracts for coaches. Will he also continue to be the linebackers coach?
If Lilly doesn't work out by season's end, Austin needs to replace himself. There is no other option......from what Mitchell and the Caretaker have said it looks like Austin has a lifetime contract no matter what.

The idea that Austin is here because of his contract is absurd. He’s here because Scott Mitchell and Bob young have a tremendous level of respect for him.
It wouldn’t be the first time we fired someone with a couple years left on a contract.
If Bob has shown anything it’s that he will do anything to make us a successful long term franchise.

1. Come on now…the mans name is Lolley…not Lilley !! >:(
    Being a TiCat fan for so long you should know who the coaches are man :-[

To me, this move, making Jeff Reinebold the fall guy, is just disgusting!
Not once, this season, or last season (I didn't look back into previous years), has any team won a CFL game scoring the number of points the offence of this Tiger-Cat team has averaged so far in 2017 (15.3 pts. per game). Coach Reinebold's successor, I see, will be Philip Lolley. That's a name I'd never heard before today but I see he's our "Defensive Run Game & Linebackers Coach." I'm embarrassed I didn't know that. But now, I do know he's been in charge of allowing other teams' to rush for an average of 104 yds. per game this season. Allowing 70 rushing yds. per game, on average, in the team's first 4 games and then allowing that average to increase by 34 yds. per game, with the 188 by CAL and the 172 by EDM, certainly shouldn't put him in line for a promotion. During Kent Austin's time in Hamilton, I think the most successful coaches in the organization have been Orlondo Steinauer and Jeff Reinebold. Yes, J.R. didn't succeed as our short term DC. But, there were signs of improvement in the last game, After what he's given to the job, the players, and the fans, over his seasons here, I do not think he deserves this fate. Certainly not alone. And, not at this time. I'm sad for him and wish him well.

Yup he got thrown under the bus

IMG_3571.JPG