Regime Status for 2019 - & BEYOND

I keep getting confused by that community owned, not for profit, bs they use when convenient to do so.

Tsar Wade the worst. Taking care of business.

It never stops with these people.

Scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours and then we’ll make the wife chairman of the board.

Master plan soon to be unveiled.

Don’t hold your breath for anything other then more of the same imo.

It will be interesting to see if the Bombers are big spenders again on FA day. Gotta wonder how the sms gets divvied up given the big names left to be signed. Chungh and Goosen together will likely cost $350,000 if not more. I don’t see much left over to sign any big names.

Sure looks like they would be happy to trot out with the exact same lineup as last year and hope that either the players improve or that they play better together as a unit. Seems to not be much interest in improving the pieces.

Expecting for other teams to struggle is being foolhardy and naïve.

I see Adams and Dressler both penciled in alongside a cheap import although there is a chance the new GM in Sask goes after Dressler. Not sure any other team in the league would bite but they seem to be well liked by the Bombers and they do both have their moments, although too infrequently for me for the money they are making.

One thing for sure is this is not a dynasty in the making but a stacked older lineup with a limited shelf life imo. Playoffs are a good bet. Winning is yet to be seen.

Pretty much as Joe lays it out . . .

In a normal regime - this year would be Do or Die year for the following mopes:

O’Shea, Nichols, Ky Walters, Miller

But bombers are NOT normalworld . . . . this is a Get-Rich-Quick scheme for the big boys at the top . . . . lots of excuses and sayin’ the right things which lemming fans are too quick to buy into . . . .

Having a land of lemmings is a gift to management (basically ownership) of the facility and team cuz there’s little to no opposition to mediocre to poor performance. That last sentence is the bomber’s kryptonite!

Still no football ops announcement makes me wonder why.

Can’t see Walters not having O’Sheas back and letting him go into the season as a lame duck coach but who knows.

Still say the paperwork is done on a new 3 year deal. Used to be news worthy back in the day.

Looking around the league, I noticed Cole Hufnagel listed as the director of US scouting for the Stamps in case anyone is curious who the guy in charge of finding talent in Calgary is. Looks like he has been working with Dad the past 3 years after spending a decade or so in the NFL.

Can only guess that someone is going to give this guy a shot at GM sooner or later and maybe a guy the Bombers should look at as an assistant GM rather than plodding on with Danny Mac and Ted Goveia.

Hufnagel was born in Calgary so no issue with ruining the mafia schtick Miller seems to love so much although he may be considered too risky as a threat to the uber job security of Kyle Walters.

If there’s one thing current bomber mafia hate more than threats - its threats!

Cole Hufnagel would be a threat!

Best move the Chicago Blackhawks ever made was hiring Stan Bowman and getting Scotty along in the package.

Hufnagel Sr is 68 this year and likely nearing future plans. Hard to argue his value as a consultant.

Agree there is no chance Bombers would be interested, which is sad.

Radical that I am, I would hire Cole Hufnagel as GM to be included in the 2019 football ops cap and start there today. Team is more or less set and I haven’t heard of Walters being extended yet so it might be a good time to look at that before committing.

O’Shea can stay on as coach for the year left on his deal and see how it goes with a new boss.

Once Miller reaches the safety net of the coaching salary cap and extended deals he will be home free to keep the boys going for a few more years.

so let me get this straight.
You want to fire your current gm in favor of the son of the Calgary GM. You figure the son is an upgrade because his father is a great GM. The son is a scout and you wouldn’t know him if you tripped over him on the street. And this should also be done because it worked in hockey once with Scotty Bowman and his son.
Is that the extent of the logic here?

Exactly!

Right at a critical point in time before the league enters into the football operations salary cap era. Desperate times in Bomberland imo.

Walters could be fired on his draft record alone. The whiffs on Ekakitie and Corney are only now coming to light. Ridiculous contracts given out with huge bonus portions leave the team handcuffed in on field personnel. His only strategy is to pay top dollar. It’s not like KW is any graduate of some Football for Geniuses program. Walters fell into the job and has had going on 10 years in the Bomber office to learn the ropes and get it done. Still waiting.

Team strength is national special teamers and they have 10 good ones on the roster but they still need a 38 yr old long snapper. Shayne Gauthier should think about that if he wants to extend his career.

The press conference look of “I just got out of bed and I don’t give a crap” is embarrassing and passe as well. Right there with his buddy on fashion in a world where first impressions do count. Would be the same if you threw your garbage on the front lawn. I would prefer they show some respect.

Walters is still only a symptom of the real problem. That being Wade Miller imo but that’s not going to change. Eventually Wade will toss KW an anchor but as long as he shows the board a dollar life is good.

Don’t worry, your boys are safe without a doubt and will muddle through another year. I hope they play well. I know they will be disciplined and limit penalties taken. Will they get it done? Probably not imo. Andrew Harris will be a young 33 next year so there is still time.

Will add that my initial suggestion was to bring him in as an assistant GM in place of McManus and Goveia who have shown little in way of bringing in talent over a number of years.

The timing of the football ops cap is why I would make the bigger move to GM. It’s a no brainer to think Cole won’t be in consideration to be a future gm in Calgary when that time comes. Possibly soon. We won’t know if Cole is a good GM or not until he gets the chance but he appears to know about receivers.

That said Dan38 will remember John Ferguson Jr. It’s a gamble.

One could argue that despite their love of the fame and notoriety that goes along with the lameness of the “Canadian mafia” it is a big disadvantage to the team to not have strong connections south of the border.

Edmonton made the right move starting fresh at the top.

Curious if anyone has info on Kyle Walters contract status?

Thought he got extended before O’Shea last time the contracts were up even though they had announced they wouldn’t make a decision until the end of that season. That would make that deal done right around now if not already. In need of a Justin Dunk update on this one.

Question for the masses might be do they give Walters another 3 years?

Why is this not being talked about?

Yeah, that was the extent of it.

::slight_smile:

I and most other Bomber fans are sure glad it wasn’t followed.

:wink:

Yup they were strange dudes alright.
But to be fair Fox I don’t think you should dredge this crap up. They are gone and can’t respond.

Well Joe whom you quoted can still respond, although I guess he’s been choosing to ignore us all on this board.

:-\

As far as I’m concerned, the only thing any of the negative boys could say if they came back is 'I was wrong". There certainly was a lot of false speculation going on. I had to wonder what kind of fans they really were. Very skeptical.