Refs dropped the ball, not Johnson!

The instant replay clearly showed Johnson had control of that football!

how the heck could they call that an incomplete pass???

I haven't been hard on the refs this year at all - and I think they've done a fine job for the most part. But that call at the end of the Stamps-Argos game - calling it an incomplete pass - is INCOMPREHENSIBLE. As a Stamps fan, I'm LIVID. None of this stuff about missing earlier opportunities. That catch would have put us at 1st and goal from the 5, with ALL the momentum. There is a GREAT chance we could have put it in.

Jake Ireland should be fired.

He should be embarassed for making that call.

George Black was the one who asked for the replay.

They should both be embarassed. That was a terrible call.

I have been watching football for over 30 years and have never seen such a lopsided officiating crew as Jake Ireland and his group of blind mice. I hope Toronto paid you well for the win.

Yup, Stamps got utterly and completely hosed on the non-call. The real baffling thing is that it only took the ref 30 seconds of viewing the instant replay to miss the call.

Although the Stamps should have started playing before the last 2 and a half minutes so they wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

Those are the breaks of the game. I think it is nice to see a call going the ARGOS way for a change.

The review came from upstairs and not by the ARGOS.

I don't think that JEFF JOHNSON fumbled the ball near the end of the game. That call stood but it should have been challenged. :thup:

The ARGOS where the better team tonight. :thup:

That was one of the worst calls of the year. All replays showed he had control of the ball when he hit the ground and only lost the ball after he was down. According to George black it's because he didnt have the ball long enough but he had it long enough for it to be considered a catch

Stop using the word embarrassed.....you guys dont even know what it means!!!!!!

I cant belive they didnt overturn the call, and it only took 22 seconds

This whole season has been terrible!

I don't know what games they're watching but it's certain they're not watching the ones they're suppose to be.

As much as it pains me to say it, because I wanted the Argos to lose, I think the ref made the right call. As he made contact with the turf, the ball was still moving a little in his hands, ie. he didn't have full control of it. It wasn't obvious, and with the announcers going on and on about the missed call, it made it even harder to see.

I have been defending the Refs for the last 2 years......Its getting harder and harder to do so after a call like that!

Maybe the Stamps could have avoided that situation if they'd played earlier. BUT they were still making a late-game drive, that could have very easily tied it up (1st and goal from the 5?!?) When you play, you don't expect to have to deal with a ref's bad - nay, horrible - call in the last minute.
I think Johnson did fumble it, though - replays showed that it popped out of his arm before he went down. He definitely didn't have control before he went down.

Posted this in the other thread, this seems to be the current one.

As much as it pains me to say it, because I wanted the Argos to lose, I think the ref made the right call. As he made contact with the turf, the ball was still moving a little in his hands, ie. he didn't have full control of it. It wasn't obvious, and with the announcers going on and on about the missed call, it made it even harder to see.

That's bull, he had posession when he hit the ground. Horrible call.

Poped out of his arm before he went down?

What game were you watching?

Didn't have the ball long enough?!?!?!?! He caught it in the air, got hit, landed and bounced twice before the ball came out.

Thats the reason black gave afterwards. It was absolutely the wrong call and the CBC guys reported that and followed it up immediately with "but he is definitely wrong on this one"

From an unbiased observer (like some of you are as well) I agree, indisputably, that was a catch and the instant replay should have overturned that. I try to stay away from the refs calls as much as possible but when it effects the game like that call did it makes the CFL look bush.

When did he say that?