REFS AND TSN ARE A JOKE

Holy carp!
Watching Sportscentre and ever Climie thinks we should have gotten both the calls on Williams non-TD and the non-interference on Kelly.

Climie!

Even the TSN moderated site is biased. I tried to post a list of penalties Als got away with and TSN wouldn't post it. No objectionable words or slander.

Favorable calls for Als...

• end of 1st half, Cox clearly horse collars Thigpen (in the open field) as he makes his cut, no PI
  • Richardson runs into Smith (holding his ground) and Smith gets nailed with penalty, keeps Al's drive alive
  • Williams TD disallowed, next play Glenn is intercepted while Al's left defensive end seemed clearly off side; few plays later, Baggs tagged for an off side to help Als
  • Cox (again) PI on 2 pt conversion try... Early contact plus screening; he went for the receiver, not the ball

Cats were certainly called enough times for PI and illegal contact penalties.

Obvious bad calls no matter how Higgins tries to spin it or dismiss them as good calls. Even Climie on TSN panel agreed on blown Williams TD and Cox interference non-call. When does Climie ever side with Hamilton, ESPECIALLY vs his Als!

What's offensive about this post... Unless you're an Al's fan or Tom Higgins.

In a muti million dollar game,it makes no sense to me and others why a so called "professional Ref" wouldn't review the play.
They cost our team dearly in a hard fought game that both the Als and the Ref knows damn well that Hamilton won this game.The overtures for Montreal is all bullshit,Hamilton won fair and square.

Today was the first time I muted the game audio in quite a while. People like Gord Miller and I’ve never been able to figure out why.

But yeah, ref and broadcast bias against Hamilton? Nothing new there. :roll: :lol:

Yesterday was a busy day and I PVR'ed the game and watched it last night. Have to totally agree scoring plays or near scoring plays have to be reviewed, we should have one this game but the refs stole it from us. :thdn:

Anyways, like the 2 qb system, the way to go for this duo and team right now. :thup:

Sorry but none of those plays even matter. We scored enough points to win that game and anyone who says any different is either blinded by red/white and blue coloured glasses or knows nothing about football. That non-TD that even the MTL homer TSN announcers said should have been a TD when they showed it THRRE times was a 10-point swing. 7 we didn’t get and 3 that MTL got after the interception that never was since we scored on the play before. I am usually one who says that we shouldn’t be in a position where one play can make the difference between winning and losing, but this is entirely different and completely ridiculous. He had posession/control of the ball, he landed on the turf and still had control of the ball and slid out of bounds at which time the ball was punched out by the defender. Same scenario earlier with (I want to say Bratton) where he catches the ball falls on his back and we punch out the ball and it’s a catch. I just don’t get how that was missed. I also love the lack of accountability on the part of the league. I like that Higgins said he didn’t see the replays but he is sure it was called correctly. They cost us a win. They cost us the season series by ONE FRIGGIN POINT and they cost us a shot at a home playoff. I have said all along that as long as we make the playoffs I don’t mind not having a home game, but to lose it due to the complete ineptitude of the referees is sickening and ridiculous. I can honestly say that I have NEVER been this livid about the outcome of a game and a rip job by the referees. I want to believe that it is simple uselessness on the part of the refs and not that they wanted MTL to host a playoff, but my blind, dead dog could have made the right call on that one. I have never in my life agreed that the CFL is “bush league” in all the times that I have seen it said, but today I feel it and if I didn’t love the Ticats so much I’d quit the CFL altogether. I guess guys only get in trouble for making the wrong call when it’s against Montreal. We got screwed plain and simple. I just hope we use it as motivation.

It was a terrible call , tyke level ref know that possetion goes to the reciever if both defender and reciever have hands on the ball, That blown call should have been overturned, The Control center of officiating should be able to step in regardless of the time on the game clock. IT cost the Ticats the game.

As well as the stupid Offside call on reciever that cost them another TD. One would think that timing issues would be worked out in training camp!!

Not taking anything away from Chip Cox, he is the best defensive player in the CFL, he's a ball hawk and Ticats need to isolate him AWAY from the football!!

RE__“The receiver went up, two hands on the ball. The defensive back, one-hand on the ball. Now you must survive contact with the ground and hang onto the football,? Higgins said of the Williams play.

This sums it up completely, If the Head of officiating states that the receiver had "two hands on the ball" that would be a touchdown !! The receiver took two or three steps after catching the ball, It was Cox who ripped the ball out AFTER they hit the ground.!!So since the Head of officiating cant get it right then what !!!

CARETAKER FIX THIS PLEASE!!!

PI Cox gets called for about 20 PI a year and OBVIOUSLY gets away with a hell of a lot more. Biggest piss off is that if it would have happened with under 3 mins left it would have been reviewed automatically and we would have been given the points we deserved.

Even the TSN moderated site is biased. I tried to post a list of penalties Als got away with and TSN wouldn't post it. No objectionable words or slander.
I've noticed that as well on the TSN comments section.

On numerous occasions, I’ve submitted posts that were unjustly dismissed by TSN moderators.
In fact, before posting comments, I usually copy and paste it into notepad, just in case my comments are not published so I can re-read it with a fine tooth comb. (of which seem perfectly within the TSN scope rules)

The TSN moderators are notorious for slanted and bias publishing, which is why I rarely post there any longer.

There were some obvious blown calls in that game. But part of the blame for the no TD call on Chris Williams has to rest with MB. Why? because he used his challenge on a play that from what I saw 2 or 3 times on the replay was a catch by the Al’s receiver because he had possession when his arm hit the ground causing the ball to be stripped. Now MB had to have seen that on replay or someone up in the spotters booth had to have seen it. It was an unnecessary challenge that came back to haunt us on the Williams play.
Of course there were other factors that caused the loss, as many have mentioned. But it would have been nice to have had that challenge available at such a crucial time.

CFL control ruled a catch on that play and so did the same ref that called the Williams Non-TD Incomplete yet was the same circumstances(did not survive contact with the field).
I would say the ball was stripped later on the Williams blown call.
It was a terrible,terrible call and clearly affected the outcome of the game! :thdn:

This is the season of the F@#$% strange calls and the Bummer's are on the good side of them more than anybody. :roll:

The question is how long after making a catch does a player have to survive contact. Williams caught the ball, and had possession of it long enough to travel from just inside the endzone to the back corner - between 10 and 15 yards. That, to me, is not a “bang-bang play”. More of a “bang…bang play”. And maybe it’s my black-and-gold tinted glasses, but I did not see the ball coming loose under a split second after Williams hit the ground and the DB ripped it out of his hands.

Bad call.

It’s funny how Marcel never takes the blame in any of his post-game interviews. After the Williams TD all Marcel could do was watch sheepishly from the sidelines knowing that he wasted a challenge on a previous insignificant play. Yet he never proclaims that he needs to make better coaching decisions.

The question is how long after making a catch does a player have to survive contact. Williams caught the ball, and had possession of it long enough to travel from just inside the endzone to the back corner - between 10 and 15 yards. That, to me, is not a “bang-bang play”. More of a “bang…bang play”. And maybe it’s my black-and-gold tinted glasses, but I did not see the ball coming loose under a split second after Williams hit the ground and the DB ripped it out of his hands.

Bad call.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I can see your point with that for sure! He did take a solid 3-4 big steps with the ball secure, i would think that should count as a catch any where on the field, but for some reason in the endzone they don’t see it like that as far as I know. I don’t get it, to me I would have called it a TD on the field, but according to the rule, I think the right call was in fact made about surviving contact with the ground, even if the ball was in fact ripped out. I know it wasn’t a bang-bang play, but I thnk they still have to use that “maintain control after contact with the ground”. Tough call IMO, Ticat fans see it as a bad call, I see it as a really close good call, who knows who is actually right, all I know is that play didn’t “cost” you guys the game and the refs are not trying to screw you guys. There were missed calls on both sides all night. It happens, no one is perfect.

I call BS on that. He was out of bounds by the time the ball was punched out.

You are correct, there were missed on both sides… but both sides did not have a TD not called… and it was in fact a TD… watch the replay again… the ball did not come out until Williams hit the ground. slid just out of the endzone then the defender popped it out.

I've watched the reply a lot, and from what I can see that he hits the ground, has possession, but when his back snaps back, meaning full contact with the ground, you can start to see the ball slide from his hands, yes it was pulled out, but it was at the exact time his body had full contact with the ground IMO.

As Robin Williams would say: "It's not your fault","It's not your fault" "It's not your fault" and on and on..

Stop blaming the referees,TSN,the League,everyone except your team,your players and Management,including Head Coach.

Your team ranks seventh in yards allowed on defense; only the Argos are worse. In 6 place in yards gained; only the Argos and Riders are worse. Game 15 yesterday and the Head Coach is not sure of his number 1 QB; training camp was more than 3 months ago. When you signed Cobourne it was supposed to be the "missing link" for a sure Grey Cup. Jim Popp knew that his best days were gone and he was not worth was he was asking. The Tiger Cats were/are so satisfied with him that they have added Grant to the 42 dressed platers-now injured-; by adding Grant,they deleted 1 import defensive lineman/DT. Cobourne and Grant were not on the field at the same time and the defensive line had become weaker.

If the GM and the HC take the right decisions,in the next weeks, they could save their season. The referees,TSN,etc will not help you and if you lose,it will not be because of them. It's not their fault!

Richard