Ref for East Final

Have to agree about Mr.Proulx's pronunciation, 8) ,though I can imagine the reaction of Francophones to my pronunciation in french of the same announcment!......"Say What?"

The thing about a Ref is ,they have to make the announcement when another member of the team has made a call.But we all know that .

As far as Refs from your Hometown goes,haven't we all found that the home town Ref seems to need to prove their neutrality by giving their home city a penalty or two of the borderline variety to show that they are in fact neutral which makes them in favor of the other team .

I can understand the phycology of that ,having umpired some hometown baseball games,it's natural to try to prove you are neutral.

I am glad Foxcroft is not Refing for that reason.

Lets hope the Officials on the field get it "right",so we do not need to depend on Jake ( our hometown Ref who retired and returns to haunt us)in the CFL video replay room.
Whats called on the field being seldom over turned without extremely clear evidence to overturn the call.

I never had any reason to suspect Andre Proulx of favouritism or being anti-Tiger-Cats.
In fact I have never been able point to any CFL game where the ref caused any team to lose a game. The league would have fired any ref who ever showed a bias. As for Proulx being a Francophone...what the heck does that have to do with anything?
Let's focus on the game and hope our team avoids stupid penalties and outplays and outsmarts Montreal!

Unfortunately, in this case, removing a refereeing crew to prevent any perceived threat of bias will be doing a disservice to the players on the field, due to removing one of the best crews in the league.

I take this back. Very disappointing officiating.

From my seat in the upper deck on the west side, it looked like a poorly officiated game. From what I've heard from others, it looked the same way on television as well.

Sorry for the perceived dissing of francophones. I would be the last to want to do such a thing -- I am one of the people who sings the national anthem in its original language at the games (even today I managed a few lines of the chorus 'en franccais')! I guess what I don't understand is why a Montreal referee can come to Hamilton to take charge of a game while the Hamilton guys seem to be 'off limits' to any games that Hamilton plays anywhere.

I do think the Proulx team is one of the best, although there is a perceived bias that has been there for a long time. My pronunciaton comment comes from a game some years ago which is something I will never forget -- I'm just sorry I mentioned it if it offends M Proulx or francophones or any others who have a bent for being politically correct. No offence was intended!

After the game, I just shake my head about the officiating, not so much from the crew, but from the Toronto centre. It seemed from THF (where I was) that whatever went in as a challenge in particularly close calls came out against Hamilton -- every one! There were at least two which seemed to be no-brainers the other way, but to a certain extent I fault the folks on the field for calling/not calling what was obvious -- Jake in Toronto has to have extra incentives to change what was called on the field or the field officials look like they are simply extras to the drama.

Anyway, our TigerCats played their game, won the battle and whatever else happens in CFL-land, I hope that francophones will be encouraged to play our CFL game and that the game will be built across all barriers of language and geogrpaphy.

Proulx is fair...unfortunately that idiot in the CFL Control Centre " Jake Ireland " is blind as a bat.

You got that right! Proulx fair -- Ireland not so much!

Oskie -oui-oui -- and so sorry for any percieved slight. But JakeIreland solved all our problems with his bleach out of the gold and black! Sometimes I think he thnks it is in his 'providence', as if in God's providence -- sometimes I think it is within 'anyone's providence that has an eyeball', which shoudl be the thing that works here -- but sometimes,I think it is within anyone's providence that wants to make things more or very interesting on the field. Jake Ireland is ready to listen and respond, especially if it is not in hamilton's interest.