REDBLACKS Town Hall Feb. 5th

Got my 2 tickets for the upcoming REDBLACKS Town hall event next Wednesday February 5th @7:00pm - International Ballroom of the Delta Ottawa City Centre, 101 Lyon Street! Guests: Commissioner Mark Cohon, Head Coach Rick Campbell, several REDBLACKS players!

:thup:

Very Cool ! :thup:

Apparently there is a full out CFL congress from the 4th to 7th. Look forward to a bunch of good news coming out from it.

The players in question: QB Thomas DeMarco, DT Keith Shologan, FB Patrick Lavoie, DB Eric Fraser, WR Simon Le Marquand , and DB Delroy Clarke.

That's terrific.
Kinda surprised Kevin Glenn is not there. I would have thought he would be doing everything in his power to be the face of the team. Must have had a prior engagement or trip planned.

I've previously said this also i.e. no formal intro of Glenn? My only explanation is that Glenn may be traded if REDBLACKS sign Zach Collaros in Feb.

Hmmm...you think? Makes sense tho and there would be great trade value in Glenn. That would be tough for him to swallow. I still lean to them wanting a vet QB . But you could well be right. I'm a huge fan of Collaros and what he has shown.

Or maybe Glenn is busy managing his two Tim Horton's franchises. I'm more curious as to why Marwan Hage is not going to be there. Sulking ???

Now that's not...I mean, that's just plain mean :wink:

I almost wonder if Marwan will show up. I'd like to think he'd be up for a new opportunity, but he seems to be fond of Steeltown.

I imagine they are saving Glenn for the uniform modeling unvailing.
As for the REDBLACKS signing a different starter that would be a terrible idea. even with Burris available he has less time left.
Also I thing Ottawa has been planning on choosing Glenn as their starter for some time before the draft changing plans mid stream could set them back

KG was so excited to be part of the Redblacks. They won't mess with that.

......Maybe Glenns stay in Ottawa will be all so brief?????No intro....Are they fitting Burris for a jersey???

You'd have to think that Burris would be there tonight now...About to head out soon. Should be fun! Those who are going, enjoy! :smiley:

Enjoy !

Ah, it was a blast.

Nice set up. As you walked it, they had tables full of hot dogs, snacks and drinks. They had tables on the left at which players would sign autographs later. The Grey Cup against the back wall. Then the seats and the stage against that far wall.

Cohon went up for a few minutes first, then they brought in each player individually for a quick chat until they filled the stage. Without a doubt, Shologan was MVP. He and host Mike Sutherland had a great back-and-forth.

Sure enough, Burris did make an appearance, to a great reception from the crowd. Campbell also joined in, then Cohon rejoined the group for the Q&A. Eventually, since he was roaming around and best able to answer questions about uniforms and ticket sales, Jeff Hunt was brought up as well. Desjardins did not take the stage, but did pipe in a couple of times from his seat in the from row from time to time.

Very nicely done. I've said it before and I'm not just blowing smoke; this is truly the first time I experience a pro franchise in this city. The Riders (as I knew them) and Renegades were never at this level. Not even close.

I admire the efforts to which they are going to please and connect with the fans. Its fantastic and hopefully it will remain like that rain or shine. You don't get that vibe like you do with many of the teams where its THEIR football team. These guys really embrace the idea that this team belongs to the fans. That "lunchbox" approach is really cool. You can't help but want to cheer for this team.

I admire the efforts to which they are going to please and connect with the fans. Its fantastic and hopefully it will remain like that rain or shine. You don't get that vibe like you do with many of the teams where its THEIR football team. These guys really embrace the idea that this team belongs to the fans. That "lunchbox" approach is really cool. You can't help but want to cheer for this team.

Burris got a standing O from the crowd... Overall a fantastic event, which I'm sure the first of many!

Did they say how many season tickets were sold?
Times like this I wish I was back in Ottawa.

They stuck to the "over 12,000, aiming for 15,000" line.

Also: Training camp is at Carleton, if that hasn't been mentioned already. Rookie camp in late May, full camp June 1st. Probably one of those camp days will actually be spent in Gatineau (I assume the Mont Bleu facility).

Uniforms in April.