REDBLACKS surpass 10,000 season ticket commits!

Cripes, we don’t even know what the jersey looks like!

Bench seating is a thing of the past. Bye bye hemorrhoids!! :wink:

Well, unless you're watching a game in Montreal. I actually didn't mind the bench seating there. Not sure why, as hamilton's killed me.

I really hope with the seriously committed new owner, major stadium upgrade and an obviously still interested local fan base, that Ottawa never folds again.

Not having our game in our capital is a sacrilege.

If they do fold yet again I hope the CFL places a 40 year ban on them. I’d rather see the territories get preference to a franchise then a city that allowed a franchise to fold for the 3rd time.

IMHO, I wish the CFL would make it mandatory to have teams community owned. Every one has gone through tough times but as Canadians there is a pride that will never let us allow a community team fold.

Idunno man, the Riders came darned close to folding, and if not for a last minute bail out by the NFL would have, and they are community owned. At the end of the day, if you can't access the funds to pay the bills you are going out of business.

Yes and no… The loan from the NFL was to the CFL, not the Riders. What saved the Riders specifically (multiple times) were multiple season ticket drives and telethons.

I base this on the 3 history of the roughrider books I have read that both state it. yes yes…the loan was to the CFL…who gave it to the clubs…they still got the money from the NFL. The last telethon did not raise enough money. I believe the number they were short was something like 285000, then the loan came through. Thank god all the clubs were paying marquee players salaries in 2 franchises at the time though right…lol

Yup I can agree to that. The league as a whole was on the brink, not just the Riders, when the loan came through; that was my main contention with your first comment. Things have come a long way since those dark, dark days.

It would be interesting to know what each team’s season ticket total looks like to see where Ottawa’s commitments fit in though.

I know people love to single out Ottawa but lets not forget Toronto has had ltos of trouble if it was not that there the largest city they would have folded long ago Hamilton not much better MOntreal also had issues.

I am playing catchup on the thread, this looks good. btw where are the ottawa 67’s going to be playing? I heard the arena was under this place or something…?!

Congrats to the fanbase and team there. :thup:

The Civic Center is right under the north stands.

Not to be a wet blanket, but 10,000 deposits in the city that has close to 900,000 people and a metro area of 1.2 million...is that really "good?"

Anytime you start a business with 10 000 qualified leads, that’s positive. Remember some of those will buy 2, 4 tickets, and luxury boxes. its 10 000 potential customers, not 10 000 potential tickets.

I will be more impressed when they get to 20K rather than 10…

Considering there was less than 3500 deposits before the Redblacks unveiling this is a positive sign.

While I'm still pretty skeptical about the CFL working in Ottawa this time, there are a lot of positive signs in the early going and lets be honest OSEG is a great ownership group to have.

that number may be quite feasible considering there are 11 months left before the start of the 2014 season and the club just unveiled the official name/logo a mere 7 weeks ago.

However, I would imagine the club will cap ST around the 17,000 mark or so in order to allow approx 6-7,000 seats to be distributed to the corporate and casual community etc

I can see the cap set even higher than that... because isn't the break even going to be around 23 or 24 K per game? I would think that would be the goal for season ticket sales... depending on what capacity is at the renovated Stadium.

Agree completely, get as many guaranteed butts in the seats while you can, if things don’t go well on the field to start he season you’ll not be able to sell some of those open seats down the road. I think it helps seeing all these young guys like Mitchell and Willy in the CFL get some game action as these are potential guys who could be leading their franchise. Renegades in 2002 had Chuck Clements, Oteman Sampson, and Dan Crowley. Exactly.