REDBLACKS sign American QB Devlin Hodges to three-year deal

OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have signed American quarterback Devlin “Duck” Hodges to a three-year contract, the club announced Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/16/redblacks-sign-american-qb-devlin-hodges-three-year-deal/

Does this signify a blockbuster trade is in the works to ship Matt Nichols out to one of the teams with an injured QB?

Nichols to the Elks for Ellingson and Walker maybe? :grinning:

A friend is a REDBLACKS fan. Not a lot for her to be happy about, this season. After watching a few highlight videos, it looks to me like "Duck" Hodges has all the skills to take his place as one of the new generation of 2-way quarterbacks in this league. He has the arm and the skills to make all the throws, from the deep ball to the touch-screen to the swing pass, gently placed on the shoulder. And he can run.
Ottawa may be a rival of my Alouettes. But its never good to see any CFL team struggle and wallow in the basement. I'm betting Hodges may be the face of the REDBLACKS' future.

3 Likes

Is any CFL team desperate enough to sign "popgun" Nichols?

More than likely it would be a late round draft pick for Nichols.

If I was a CFL GM in need of a QB, I would go after McBeth, The Argos do not deserve him.