REDBLACKS sell out AGAIN! (6th straight)

amazing for a team that is currently 1-10.
Kudos to the Ottawa fans. :thup:

[b]CFL News@CFL_News Sept. 26 #RedBlacks home game against #Alouettes is a sell-out. Six for six in season 1. #cfl via @HolderGord[/b]

Very Nice! :thup:

Hope it keeps up for years 2, 3 and onwards. Shows you what a difference good local ownership makes. Gives reason for hope with an unamed intra-province franchise :slight_smile:

Good for all of the Ottawa fans. Wait until next year when both the Rough Riders and the football is better. :thup:

No one was expecting the RBs to end up in first or even make the playoffs but if not for some dropsies, this team could very well have a couple more wins under their belt.

Somewhere the Gliebermans are wondering where all that support was a few years ago... :wink:

At least one person thought the RB's would make the playoffs...me. I thought they'd have a good receiving corps and that Burris could deliver the ball to them. Wrong on all 3 counts. :expressionless:

Is it Burris or poor receivers? I've not watched a lot of games the ORBs have played but I've seen numerous balls being dropped that were easily catchable and right on the money.

Good on Ottawa fans, but with a new stadium and a new team sellouts are not a surprise. If they are 1-10 in year three (not predicting, just saying IF) the sellouts m,ay not be so easy.

Wonder if the whole "save lansdowne" process may have helped the Rouge et Noir by making the process of getting on the field a slow buildup that built interest/expectations.

[quote="GHT120"]Good on Ottawa fans, but with a new stadium and a new team sellouts are not a surprise. If they are 1-10 in year three (not predicting, just saying IF) the sellouts m,ay not be so easy.

Wonder if the whole "save lansdowne" process may have helped the Rouge et Noir by making the process of getting on the field a slow buildup that built interest/expectations.[/quote

Its just an awesome place to go watch a football game and customer service is top notch.

Probably. Of course, they should really be asking themselves why they were so unable to cultivate it while OSEG is making it look easy.

Hunt once said that when Lonie took over in 2005, he (Hunt) went to Lonie to give him some advice about how to market to this...huh...market. Lonie did the opposite in almost every way. He had the opposite result, too. Go figure.

I doubt it, frankly. It took so damn long that there was a point there where it seemed like it would never happen and it wa just depressing. You'd hear that the city won a court case, then a month later you'd hear about an appeal, and it was the same crap all over again.

But OSEG did reveal their stuff slowly once things were official, and I think that helped. They found their way into the news on a regular basis even before they had players to market. Names and logos were "leaked", keeping discussion alive even when it wasn't really news. And they made events of their real announcements, such as the name and jerseys.

They showed enthusiasm and they got enthusiasm back, not just in Ottawa, but on the Quebec side and in the small towns nearby. I see Redblacks merchandise in Westport, Perth, Richmond...They basically came off looking professional and made people believe in them.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

I will be there on Friday night, looking forward to the stadium and the atmosphere again!
I would go no matter if they were 10 -1 or 1 -10, a few weeks ago I though they would make the playoffs, that's really because of the other bad teams in the East. If they had pulled out that game against the Riders I think they would have a good chance of making the play offs. Burris, the new RBs and the receivers starting to look much better.

That's the thing, as disappointing as the end results have been for the most part, the game are still entertaining when you're there. They make enough plays that they keep your interest and the environment is fun. It still makes for a nice night out regardless.

We were promised (as much as anyone can plan these things) a "competitive" team and we got it. Their record isn't competitive, but they've had their opportunities.

The schedule worked out nicely in a way too, with four straight games against divisional opponents at the end. If they can even just manage to have something to play for right to the end, people should continue to show up. If they lose to Montreal tomorrow, selling out Winnipeg the following Friday will be significantly harder. We'll see.

…Great to see…Now when the team improves, I would expect to call the re-entry of the team in Ottawa a success…No where to go but up…A couple of nice wins at the end of the season (except when they play the bluengold :slight_smile: ) should set things up pretty well for 2015… :thup:

Past Ottawa teams had an irritating habit of winning when it didn't matter. Maybe if that point is reached soon, it would be beneficial for this club to have the pressure off while the continue to find their way, but it's not a habit I want to see them get into.

I will say...The majority of players do seem to be playing hard. Not always smart, but hard. I think people attending the games can see that. I didn't get that sense with the Renegades all the time. Not across the board, anyway. so that helps too.

That tends to be true of any franchise in any sport when they are in a "losing" cycle.

Poor management gets fooled by "garbage time" performances; good management in a bad year(s) tries to find bad management that believe the end of season spurt by players that they don't believe that they can win with.

Ottawa enjoys success while off the field. However advantage of novelty doesn't last forever. If team doesn't improve in future years, losses might drag down attendance. Frustrated fans may prefer to spend elsewhere. In the long term, attendance tends to return to normal range historically.

Good lord, people…Regardless of record, who here would have predicted six sellouts in a row in Ottawa just based on novelty alone? I don’t recall coming across that claim too often.

Please stop with the “yeah but” stuff. The only thing we/they can do now is sell the place out and it’s being done. We’ll worry about 2016 in 2016. If you’re not a fan of the team, for now just appreciate that they appear to be as healthy as they’ve been in four decades despite winning even less.

:thup: Good for you. I agree. How people can put a negative spin on 6 straight sell outs is beyond me.