REDBLACKS release DeVonte Dedmon to pursue an NFL opportunity

OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have released receiver and kick returner DeVonte Dedmon to pursue an NFL opportunity, the team announced on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/27/redblacks-release-devonte-dedmon-pursue-nfl-opportunity/
1 Like

Big disappointment for Ottawa. He's a game changer.

Good luck DeVonte.

2 Likes

Good for Dedmon wish him well but you just resigned him late November and said this ....

Redblacks Interim General Manager Jeremy Snyder said keeping Dedmon was an easy decision. “We’re excited to keep DeVonte in red and black for next season. DeVonte’s skill set is special, and has the reputation of altering the game when he is on the field. He is a true threat with the ball in his hands to score at any time. This is the first step of many to build for a better 2022.”

1 Like

Oh crap. The one position Ottawa had absolutely nailed and it's 'left the building'. What's next? Their plaid clad mascot leaves to become a manly lumberjack (Singing from tree to tree... the Larch... the Mighty Pine...)?

1 Like

:rofl: @Maaax Ah he was doing so well ...to find also such a bonnie lass just meandering fresh from a morning bath there in the BC woods ...and he blew it all!

His worse fate awaits him, though I am not sure if it will be that of the banker.

1 Like

A 'Banker' is a bit of a jump from 'Singing Lumberjack' don't you think? I'm sure the board of directors will ask the Red Black's Mascot if he has the proper qualifications, such as a 'Banker's Hat'.

Speaking of banks and 'all things money', looks like Dedmon signed with the Fish:

1 Like

I just gotta feel for Ottawa, if it wasn't for bad luck...

1 Like

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me....

....Said no one ever☹️

2 Likes

Hitting rock bottom talent-wise means one important thing for the Red Blacks. THEY CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!!! :partying_face:

(congrats Ottawa)

They used to get some condolence from saying "there's always next year!" Now for Ottawa fans it's going to be "there's always 2 years from now!"

1 Like

No question this stings.
> On the bright side it clears space in free agency. One beneficiary of free agency could well be the Ottawa Redblacks....maybe more than any other team. Winnipeg, on the other side of the scale will try hard to keep "everyone". Winning is great but the appeal of signing a "team friendly" contract year after year gets to be tiresome and some guys will be demanding pay or a stab in the NFL. The Redblacks can open the free agent vault and have at it. Many talented, high character players will be available. Question is...will players want to be there. Me thinks Kyle Walters has a more difficult task ahead of him than does the Ottawa GM. The sky is the limit in Ottawa if they get this done right. I am interested to see what they do. Good luck, they will need some, for a change.

1 Like

Oh lord. No Dedmon, no Stafford... who's scoring TDs for this team now, Abdul Kanneh?

1 Like

I'm not going to rain on your parade. You go on being positive kellyhelen. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like