Receivers must fight for the ball!!

Too many pedestrian efforts by our receivers the last two weeks. Defensive backs are making playson balls that receivers must fight for.

When Chang was in trouble, Walker never came back to help bail him out. It goes on and on!

We have a track team, not a receiving corps, basically. Time for playmakers to step up.

COREY HOLMES IS THE BEST RECEIVER WE HAVE!!!! USE HIM IN THE SLOT!

Oski Wee Wee,

Have to agree with the thought about Corey Holmes.

Bring back Morreale and pair them as slots, and play them full time…that’d give opposing defences some second thoughts!

I do recall what happened there between Chang and Walker later in the game. It certainly did look like they needed to have a talk with each other, and it seemed that was what happened after that play.

There were a few passes that were not even close to their intended receivers. Some may have been bad throws, some may have been broken routes. But at least a few times, there sure did appear to be miscommunication between the quarterback and the intended receiver.

As for Holmes, I was quite relieved to see him lining up as a slotback last week. It was good to see the coaching staff appear to know what to do with a Corey Holmes if they had one. But why did it not happen again in this game? And did Bauman play at all in this game? And if so, why not?

Normally I wouldn’t argue with the statement “our receivers need to fight for the ball” but how about they work on getting open first.

COREY HOLMES IS THE BEST RECEIVER WE HAVE!!!! USE HIM IN THE SLOT!
I think everyone assumed he'd be used in the slot once he came to Hamilton, yet, our coaches continue to use him in a RB only role on offence, and as a part-time kick returner. I don't get it, I'd have him on the field all the time regardless of where he lines up.

Holmes was not the runner up for Most Oustanding Player by fluke, he should be on the field all the time, heck put him on defense too! :wink: