Reasons Why he CATS won't leave

1. It is very unlikely that the league will let an owner take this 141 year storied franchise away form a very established City . The CFL cannot afford to lose any teams and move from an established market to an unknown market .

2. Bob Young is from Hamilton and his brother loved the team . Bob came in and saved this team and I doubt he will want to be known as the guy that took the ticats away form Hamilton .

3. The CFL is a struggling produict in Eastern Canada . It is not easy to make it work in other cities like Quebec, london , Kitchener , Moncton .When Bob was asked about Quebec's interest he said "I WISH " ..HAMILTON has a solid base of about 20,000 + fans and there is potential for that to grow in a new stadium. these other cities do not approach that . Toronto is not a successful team really . CFL is not popular in the GTA

4. The fact that the PAN AM games are planning to BUILD AND PARTIALLY fund a stadium here gives Bob a large reason to stay and try to work things out . Bob and the city will figure something out as long as the PAN AM comittee doesn't pull the plug on them

5. The city and the politicians will do everything it can to make staying in Hamilton more appealing than it is today by maybe dropping the cost of using Ivor Wynne etc if the stadium is not built .

My question is :

Would Bob Young be threatening to leave if the PAN AM games stadium option did not exist ?

gerbear:

He'd be nuts if he did not have a plan B ready when he walked away from the table.
I think he knew he would get several bites from other communities...and he admitted the EM site was not his first choice anyway so he probably figures he could end up with a better deal somewhere else.
With some co-operation from Ian Troop and the province...he could be right.

Reasons the Cats might leave:

• Six bankruptcies in the past thirty five years
  • 20,000 people/game with 25% from out-of-town in a city of 500,000
  • currently losing money each year
  • hostile mayor and city council
  • antiquated stadium
  • favourable neighbouring municipalities

The CFL is struggling in Eastern Canada? I didn't even know we had a franchise there?
You see threatening to leave, I see fighting to make the team succesfull.

ockham: I still think hanging on to the Tiger-Cats, no matter where they end up, is a huge gamble.
Toronto barely supports the blue team....Hamilton barely supports the Tiger-Cats.I often wonder why things would be any different in Burlington, Oakville or Milton?
People in the GTA have two teams they can choose from already if they want football.
8 million people...and still marginal attendance for each team.

[quote="gerbear9"]1. It is very unlikely that the league will let an owner take this 141 year storied franchise away form a very established City . The CFL cannot afford to lose any teams and move from an established market to an unknown market .

8) Not true, according to Perry Leftko's column today.
 He states that according to CFL insiders, the Board of Governors would allow Bob to move the franchise to a near
 by municipality, or even out of the province !!!

It would take a unnaminous vote by the Board to do it but the feeling is that the BOG would do it because "Bob has been
  a good partner", and they sympathize with him for all he is being put through in Hamilton !!

Ok where is there a stadiunm that can house at least 25,000 people and / or where is there a city that will build one ?
Also , where is there a city that will get 25,000 people to a game ?

Says you. Since when does relocation = losing a team?

Blame the mayor. Bob did all he could. He obviously doesn't want to leave but due to the lack of intelligence and respect showed form the city, he may have no choice.

[quote="gerbear9"3. The CFL is a struggling produict in Eastern Canada . It is not easy to make it work in other cities like Quebec, london , Kitchener , Moncton .When Bob was asked about Quebec's interest he said "I WISH " ..HAMILTON has a solid base of about 20,000 + fans and there is potential for that to grow in a new stadium. these other cities do not approach that . Toronto is not a successful team really . CFL is not popular in the GTA
[/quote]
This is pure garbage. I won't even waste my time.

Yes Tipper, that's the key, Bob has not only been a very good partner, he's not some two bit "I have a few million" type owners the CFL has had in southern Ontario for far too long.

The CFL and BOG will listen quite intently to Mr. Bob Young, as would I. If he wants to move them to Iceland and has a business case. it would be done pronto and approved easily. :wink:

There's just some answers that don't come in advance, but just because you/we/them can't put a pin on a map to please gerbear, doesn't mean it won't or can't happen.

Good questions... but a better question is why don't we all work to see that the Ticats can be sucessful here in Hamilton?

Right Now...the Ticats are not leaving and Bob Young is waiting for the other shoe to drop ( hostco decision) before he would ever think about doing that! He has said all along that Hamilton is his city!
He needs to negotiate a new deal for Ivor Wynne because his lease expires in 2011 and why would he negotiate with this mayor when he probably won't be around.

Once more...If everyone would just sit back and let the man with the money and the desire do THE RIGHT thing...we do our part and buy tickets and CHEER FOR THE TICATS...it will get straightened out! :wink:

Hate to tell you but The CFL Supports young even if He Moves the Team

Your Fooling your self

[quote="gerbear9"]

1. The CFL is a struggling produict in Eastern Canada . It is not easy to make it work in other cities like Quebec, london , Kitchener , Moncton .When Bob was asked about Quebec's interest he said "I WISH " ..HAMILTON has a solid base of about 20,000 + fans and there is potential for that to grow in a new stadium. these other cities do not approach that . Toronto is not a successful team really . CFL is not popular in the GTA

And my question is : when is the last time Hamilton sold out a game in 6 or 7 hours?

http://www.touchdownatlantic.ca/construction

But I do hope Bob finds a way to keep the Cats stay in Hamilton, without caving in to what seems like politcal BS. :slight_smile:

Laval draws 15,000 people to CIAU football in Quebec City. No big deal to add 10,000 seats. Moncton has a brand new 10,000+ stadium designed to allow for easy expansion to 25,000 fans. Bob wants to stay in the region but he has choices. But whatever, join the crowd that underestimates his ability.

Who knows there may be a team in Quebec called "Les Tigres Chat de Quebec" and an instant rival of "Les Allouettes de Montreal"

Hmmm ... Moncton TigerCats has a ring to it. Oops that's Moncton Wildcats. My gut feeling says the Cats stay in Hamilton, but I'm not sure how... It's sure a mess.

I am Bidding there Gone .. The Meaning Pan Am People went well .
But they re-meeting back next week

Hello Quebec city

Not sure about Moncton, but Laval's stadium is no where near a highway, and is not even visible from a street. it is hidden within Laval's campus.

The stadium is carved in a bowl with no concessions and the "floor" around the benches ( the seats, not the players' benches) is gravel on top of the ground.

Very rudimentary.

IWS, is a thousand time better. Did I mention the track arounbd the field?

I'd Rather then move or Fold then Give in to Darth Fred and His Evil Stormtroopers.

a Bunch Clones with no minds of there own..

Wrong. The commish has put his full support behind Bob.

Read this: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story ... cohon.html