Really Is a Downer

That’s true they have way too much inventory on display .

The Esks usually lead the league in attendance but like other CFL teams they need to hide the excess inventory better when the game is televised to potential customers .

They are not alone with this conflict of having a facility that is great for hosting large events but only need half for todays CFL .

Actually he wanted to be like the rest of the world…not just Europe

Only 2 or 3 countries in the world do not use it

But the thing is, they were supposed to change

For years they were planning to change on (Made up date) Feb 1st 1975…and when that date came…they said…, Meh never mind

Been to Commonwealth in it’s heyday when 50,000 was the norm, worked in Ft.Mac for a short time.

But in today’s CFL Commonwealth is basically the exact opposite of the new CFL stadiums. How Edmonton is able to rectify this, if even possible, who the heck knows. About as antiquated as the Rogers Centre is becoming for the Blue Jays.

The pure model right now is TD Place Stadium for the RedBlacks in terms of capacity, proximity to downtown you name it. But the best stadium is of course in Regina but BC Place, nice and the Peg… ok, it’s a tough one. But Edmonton has some thinking to do, they need an enclosed stadium to be hosting a Grey Cup at the end of November there where it could be arctic temperatures. Not good. CFL, those days are gonzo.

I’ve got my Grey Cup seat, it’s called my living room with absolute perfect weather and food and drinks! And a nice HD 50 inch high def screen. And it keeps the wife very happy! 8)

Maybe team’s should go with a “Pay-Per-View” streaming option and offer “virtual season tickets”? For example, $159 would buy you a corner season ticket. You could attend the game live or if you decide to watch the game at home, you could provide a digital image (or video) of you in your seat. Viewers at home would see your virtual image in the crowd, mixed in with real fans, making the stadium look full while maintaining season ticket revenue and increasing TV income (but no switching seats in the stadium ;)).

But pro sports is DESPERATE DESPERATE for the TV numbers to get ad revenue, not going to work with “pay per view” for the regular seasons games for most teams in most pro sports leagues. Yankees, Cowboys, Leafs and some others perhaps but most teams not going to work.

Not a chance in hel l Pierre is Justins dad. Justin is Fidel Castros’ son.

#conspiracytheory

No politics

don’t worry Ro the guy we have in charge whats his name isn’t close to being a politician. In fact I dont’ even know what he is.

Gotta say there is a lot of truth in your comments - primarily the last two paragraphs - IMO.

I would love to take in at least ONE Maple Leafs hockey game in a season, but not at the price I’d have to pay for just one seat! Thus, a lot of TV fans out there.

However, I am still of the opinion that no matter how good the TV broadcast, attendance at the event is still the best way to watch. TV can not convey the excitement of the crowd in the building/stadium.

Which would you rather do, watch a Rolling Stones concert on TV, or attend that same concert live?

Huge game this week coming up between BC and Edmonton at BC Place. If this game isn’t sold out that would be a shame. Especially with only the lower bowl being used.

This is a big bone of contention for me. BC Place has this massive, state-of-the art 4-sided scoreboard that sits over the field. Huge opportunities to entertain, yet all they do is show kids dabbing (that Cam Newton made famous) and flossing (that silly dance move where kids move their arms and hips back and forth). Don’t get me wrong, the crowds at BC Place love seeing themselves on the screen. But it is such a wasted opportunity to do creative things.

The league should provide all teams with a quick minute-long “CFL bloopers” video put to music for timeouts or during injuries etc. Or “great catches” to show off the skill of the players in case the game you’re watching is a dud. At least this would reinforce that we have amazing athletes (notwithstanding the game that’s putting you to sleep with all the 2 and outs, lol).

ENTERTAIN for crying out loud!

ya never know, there might be some more Pam Andersons out there. Lets not rob them of their chance :slight_smile:

seems to me that there could be some kind of marketing angle with that.

Is that what that is?
They do the same here