Really disappointed....

Really disappointed….

I don’t know about the rest of you and I know the season isn’t over but I have to say, this has been one of the worst Ti-Cat seasons that I have endured over 30 years. Sure, it was supposed to be an improved team over last years and sure great things were going to come from players like Mass, Ranek and Cotton. However, nothing transpired that would excite me. Ok, the organization put Desjardins in place to build a team for the future and I am cool with that but why now and not sooner?

It is so discouraging to once again endure the rest of the CFL season and the playoffs without the excitement of not having “my team? a part of it. Am I exasperated? Yes.

Mr. Young, please provide me with the incentive to renew my season tickets by offering myself and other tradition club members a break on our tickets for next year. I suggest that we don’t see the increase that we so often here will go into effect after the three year commitment. Something…anything…cause 2006 is going out with a wimper.
(sigh)

I remember a few years back when my friend had season he was able to pick them up and they came in a ticat bag with a shirt and hat or something like that. that would be nice to see

Ok, the organization put Desjardins in place to build a team for the future and I am cool with that but why now and not sooner?
Maybe they couldnt get Desjarsdins until the time they did. I'm am kinda getting sick of this 'blame bob young' stuff (not saying you were quite going there) but I think if people start thinking with there head and not their heart (sports can be very emotional) they would realize that Bob was made very good attempts at running this franchise right. I would be happy and hope he is around this team for ever.

He has never lied about his intentions and said right from the beginning that it would take 5 years to bring this team to were he would wanted it. 3 years are close to being complete and there is a strong business team in place, some good Canadian talent, young players, and stars to build around. New GM and a coach to soon follow.

ummm...remember that 1-17 season a few years ago??

what about it?

It's worse than your current season?

But buck up, remember, you guys beat Edmonton twice! That's got to count for something, right?

hwgill, the season meand NOTHING if we don't beat the blue team on Labour Day... lol

Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.....

An Argo fan

the only think i'd "blame" bob for is hiring marshall after saying he'd let the football people make the football decisions.

He did...and he let them fire him too! :wink:

the first step on the road to recovery

I think im more disappointed that they played the way they did against BC this weekend, i really thought they had a chance at the post season. =[
Im not sure what to tell you, becuase the only things that really keep you here are Hope , that your team will get better, faith , that you know they will, , and if you really love them, , and if you bleed black && gold! if youre a real fan, youll know what to do.

All the cats really needed was someone who would recognize talent. The guys they had in charge with the exception of Marshall have been around for ages and dont see the need to change styles. Players opt for free agency and so the only way to insure you keep a winning team is to be one up on the opposition in recruiting new talent. Spend money finding the talent then give them a chance to play.

A side note is that the Hamilton Spectator sports guys just dont understand football either. Everytime the cats sign someone or make a trade for a tired old veteran whose best years are behind them, the Spec guys jump on the bandwagon and fool all you guys.

Lets go for new, young, fast, football savy players and some offensive and defensive schemes that are not so easy to read.

[i]

[/i]

Sorry Peppertom but I believe the wimpering started a long time before this thread.

peppertom
Post subject: Returning my tickets - i’m serious Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 01:33 AM
I have placed the remainder of my season tickets (x2) and will be mailing them back to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and will not be renewing tickets for next year. Last night was the “straw that broke the camels back”. Until the organization shows me something different I have decided to not pour my heart and desire into being a fan. After 30 years as a fan and a regular attendee (20 years with season tickets) I am leaving. I’m sorry.

I’m assuming you didn’t follow through on your first post/threat so see ya here next year when you start a few new “I quit” threads.

The reality of following a sports franchise is that you sometimes have to go through stretches of futility like the one we've endured the past couple of years. That's what makes a winning season, especially a championship season, so enjoyable.

Although not a stellar year....there are many postives going on. We've cleaned house with some players, got some really great players in. They just need to gel as a team now.
Every team has their growing pains while rebuilding.

Reverend wrote:

I remember a few years back when my friend had season he was able to pick them up and they came in a ticat bag with a shirt and hat or something like that. that would be nice to see

They had a gorgeous video board back then also, eh Reverend? :lol:

But no, a little gift bag, sort of Halloween style, I'm sure was a nice treat without question. :wink: