Re:Obie. Fans Speak Up.

If you havnt done so already now is your chance to set your own record straight on how you really feel about the hiring.

In the past hirings alot have broken out the pom poms at first only to burn them later when things went bad again. "I never liked him" ,"I knew all along"," Old boys club!, "We hired/fired the wrong guy!"etc. etc.

So if you really like the move or if you sense another "back room deal" or another Lancaster/DMAC/Anti-Desjardins/Marshall/Mitchell Old boys club conspiracyand predict doom and gloom speak up now there's no going back.

Pretty solid move. Tons of experince and contacts and football sense. Good move, Mitchell.

I like the move a lot. Whether or not it will pay off depends on who we get in to be coordinators for Taaffe.

Good Luck Obie.

To say the LEAST, I'm not very EXCITED about this latest turn of the CFL OLD BOYS NETWORK ... it's not the WORSTE hire this RINKY DINK Organization has made in the past half decade, but I was HOPING for a more COURAGEOUS hire.

Peace.

:D :D :D

Well stated, Z!

Oski Wee Wee,

Good hire by Mitchell. Obie knows how to run a CFL team. Thumbs up.

Just wondering why OB wasnt considered last season when we wanted a GM ??

Another thing is , if all the teams always hire the EXPERIANCED GUY then how did anybody ever get thier shot ??

My guess is habman is that Bob (Caretaker) more or less has/had a philosophy of giving young more less proven guys a chance to strut their stuff. Which I think is an admirable frame of mind - if it works of course.

To say the LEAST, I'm not very EXCITED about this latest turn of the CFL OLD BOYS NETWORK ... it's not the WORSTE hire this RINKY DINK Organization has made in the past half decade, but I was HOPING for a more COURAGEOUS hire.
Yes because that has worked in the past

Despite his past with the hated blue team, I’m willing to keep an open mind about this.

Welcome to Hamilton. Now enough with the pleasantries, get to work on bringing Armour back long term :wink:

Vancouver Province:

"With O'Billovich operating out of his home in Oakville,. Ont., the Lions were rarely without depth at any position since his arrival. B.C. had three of the last five top rookie award winners thanks to O'Billovich and 11 of the 24 starters in the West Division final were also his recruits. Further details will be in The Province on Wednesday."

Clearly, he comes with the ability to find talent.

That's true, and for that reason, I am cautiously optimistic. I think it's imperative to lend his influence to the organization and put a definite stamp on the team quickly and decisively to show that he is unwilling to entertain another mediocre season. Good luck, Obie.

Going against my other thread about Obie being past his prime. I wish him all the best now that he is hear! Lets hope he uses his experience and knowledge to find some good coaches and some good receivers. I think him and Taffe would make a good level headed experienced combo to lead!

:cowboy:

I respect your honesty.
In seven months or so we'll see if others do the 'ol flip flop.

Rookies of the Year:

1998 Steve Muhammad DB BC Lions
1999 Paul Lacoste LB BC Lions
2000 Albert Johnson III WR/KR Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2001 Barrin Simpson LB BC Lions
2002 Jason Clermont SB BC Lions
2003 Frank Cutolo WR/KR BC Lions
2004 Nik Lewis WR Calgary Stampeders
2005 Gavin Walls DE Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2006 Aaron Hunt DT BC Lions
2007 Cameron Wake DE BC Lions

Obie's biggest skill would be his people skills. He has a strong ability to make everyone around him feel worthy and wanted regardless of their role. When players feel like that they are happy, content and in turn perform better.

Was hoping for him all along. Best man available. Hope he keeps Taffe. Now lets get on with it!

SURPRISE its OB...He's a good hard nose football man who's been around a lot of good football teams.

Got'em

http://www.argos-suck.com/images/celebs/celebs/images/obie.jpg

Obie will always be an "All Time Argo" in my books. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this is a good move.
He certainly knows football and has been successful elsewhere.
Now it's time for him to get to work!
Welcome Obie and good luck, it's not going to be easy.
Donna