RE: Lancaster Remembers Ozzie

I would have to put that down as one of the greatest home Tiger Cat plays ever.
It made the start to a pretty good party for the rest of the night.

The '72 Ian Sunter field goal would have to be ranked slightly higher only because it won a Grey Cup.

And the Tony Champion catch in '89 I would also put in that group of greatest plays

That '99 playoff game was also the last time I saw the Cats win at home. I've been back home for 6 games since moving over here and they have lost every one.
(I'm not planning to go home this year)

I told my brother who lives way out of town about this and he said his favorite Ti-Cat moment is "...Labour Day1972 (I believe), Ivor Wynn …….. Toronto was in town and were heavy favorites, the Quarterbacks were Joe Thiesman with his baby blue shoes on and Chuck Ealy for the Cats. No body, I mean nobody thought we were going to win and the Cats kicked their butts back to T.O. with Joe’s Baby Blue Shoes and all."....Slim

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that was a great memory....

I was in the endzone, and boy was it cold that day. Awesome stuff.

I was living in Calgary at the time of Ozzie's kick to beat Montreal in the '98 Eastern Final.

I watched the end of the game on TV at home, then headed out in my Ticats gear to catch the C-Train to McMahon Stadium for the Western Final (which I believe had started already).

I encountered some Stampeder and Esk fans on the train who had also been watching the East Final (in a bar, judging by their demeanor :wink:) but had figured it was over and departed for McMahon before the dramatics of Hamilton's final possession. They thought the Cats had lost. A few people tried to give me a playful ribbing about the Cats losing to Montreal, and it was fun explaining that the Cats had actually come back to win it. I recall one Esks fan in particular didn't believe me right away. Good times. :smiley: