Re: Henry Burris

I don't think you would be writing this if, the Stamps lost, and if we still had KJ.

How many years has Henry been with Calgary and only one Grey Cup appearance. I suggest that with another QB over this period they would have had many more appearances.

true. but if i recall for some reason i think Burris didn't want to resign with the riders anyways. i am sure he was heading back to calgary no matter what.

He was also noted as saying he didn't want to live in Regina. But who cares, we won a cup before they did and to be honest, I'd be embarrassed to see such a whiner on our team anyways.

hes lucky hufgnagel and dickenson is helping him
he is still not the best qb out there

Let see, Calgary has a good quarterback with a solid team around him finally, that is good for Burris. The strength of the team came through in the over all play of Calgary yesterday.

Last year Joseph had a solid team around him and it showed during the Grey Cup, the strength of team came with everybody contributing.

Do I think Burris would have been able to do what Joseph did last year, yes it is possible. Would Burris have been better then the fisaco that occurred this year most definitely. However, had we had Burris last year, we wouldn't have had him this year. So I guess it wouldn't have mattered this year.

The difference for me is what happens next year....do one of the so called young guns emerge and lead the team or is it a season of 2 steps forward and 1 step back all season.

Who needs Burris when you can have Bishop?

I live in Calgary so I hear the blather first hand. Calgary is a very egotistical 'look at me' kind of team. Burris is a selfish player who will hang out a teammate whether it's deserved or not to make himself look better. Considering all the hot air thats been coming out of Calgary for the past 3 years or so when they had accomplished nothing I feel quite confident in saying they will be so much in love with themselves going in to next year that they will implode under the slightest adversity. We probably won't need to worry about the Stamps to much next year. :thup:

If I remember correctly, either LP Vanstone, or CKRM Pedersen talked to Burris. He was ready to re-sign IF He would have been named #1

Well he is an idiot if he thought that he wouldn't be. NOBODY gives somebody a huge salary like that and sit him on a bench.

Ever hear of Casey Printers?

Careful Austin, someone my strangle you with a "Burris Sucks" T-shirt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The highest paid THIRD string Quarterback in the league.

true. but if i recall for some reason i think Burris didn't want to resign with the riders anyways. i am sure he was heading back to calgary no matter what.
[/quote]
If I remember correctly, either LP Vanstone, or CKRM Pedersen talked to Burris. He was ready to re-sign IF He would have been named #1
[/quote]
Well he is an idiot if he thought that he wouldn't be. NOBODY gives somebody a huge salary like that and sit him on a bench.
[/quote]
It's indicative of Burris' 'me first and only' attitude. I remember the circumstances clearly, Burris was prepared to sign but wanted to be 'annointed' #1 going into TC, the Riders wouldn't do it and sd he would need to battle it out for the annointment. Burris whined and left for more money, but more importantly (in his mind) the glory of being named the #1 QB heading into TC. If he was so confident of his abilities he would have been prepared to fight it out for the #1 spot. Instead he went to Calgary and had to beat out guys like Michael Feterik for the spot. :thup:

I think your recollection is correct, Preisst (or at least it's the same recollection as I have ..... and you know what they say about great minds thinking alike).

As I recall it, the money differential between the Calgary and Saskatchewan offers wasn't all that huge, but that Hank indicated that the more important factor was that Saskatchewan wasn't prepared to guarantee him the #1 spot ahead of Nealon Greene.

Now, looking back, who was sillier? Henry for thinking he needed a guarantee or the Riders for not giving it to him?

Seems to me Henry would have beaten Nealon out for the job with one hand tied behind his back, and Shivers~Barrett should have been able to see that coming a mile away.

But granted, it's all hindsight. Henry Burris is the Grey Cup MVP and Nealon Greene is, as far as I know, out of football.

My only reply is Who Cares about Burris?

We will beat him next year like the punk he is.

Here is a post I made from a previous thread that sums up my thoughts on the topic:

[b]
I do NOT congratulate Henry Burris and the Stamps!

I know what you're thinking. Here comes a disrespectful Rider fan being jealous for one reason or another . . .
. . . You couldn't be more wrong.

I do NOT congratulate the Stumpeders for winning anything. I did not want them to win, therefore why would I lie and say something like: Good work guys. You really deserved this one. NO NO NO NO NO!

My reasons go far beyond simple things like showing respect (I will also note here that I am not being disrespectful in this post).

I do NOT repsect the Stumps. Here's why:
Every time they come Mosaic Stadium's Taylor Field the atmosphere in the stands is unlike any other team playing there.
The crowd is sooooooooo loud and sooooooooo pumped up!
Every play they are screaming: HENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRY! HENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRY! HENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRY!
Any little mistake that gets made by the Stumps the crowd gets LOUDER.
Burris throws a pick . . . the crowd is going insane!!!
Burris fumbles the ball the crowd is off the wall!!!!
There is something really satisfying about watching him get sacked!

We in Rider Nation love to hate Henry Burris. Not because we are shameful or ignorant or unsportsmanlike.
We love to ahte him because we appreciate the intensity of a great rivalry.
And the Riders vs. Burris is the greatest rivalry of this era (2nd only to the Bombers but that is a whole different post).

I do not want to see that disappear for anything.

So NO. I DO NOT SAY: CONGRATULATIONS.
At the very most I will say: Hey Burris! Welcome to the club.

I do this in honour of keeping the Rivalry alive. For what is football without rivalries?

Long Live: HENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

but he was the starter when he signed it. the cats didnt sign him to that ridiculous deal thinking he would stink it up.

honestly, i can't believe the dwelling on situations LONG past that some fans CONTINUE to bring up. henry was here how long ago now? because i honestly don't recall, maybe i smoke to much marijuana out here on the wet coast. but come on people. how about this for a situation... WHAT IF: Ron lancaster was timeless, and george reed to... and we ..... see where i was going with that? What if's suck. because usually they'll only a figment of someones imagination.

I dont want henry burris as our qb. hes a 'me me me' guy... also please fans stop boo birding him... he is a grey cup champ this year, like it or not he and his squad did what was needed to get there and get it done. Im not saying he needs congradulation, im just trying to lead by example, and shut my mouth and see whats up next year... you're only as good as your last performance

--- and im sorry for 'peeing' on this thread.

I don't think it would have mattered. We can play the "What If" game all day long but both the Riders and Stamps didn't win the Grey Cup until they had a solid overall team backed with solid coaching. Would the Riders have won a Grey Cup earlier if Burris re-signed, I honestly don't think so because of the poor preparation that our teams under Danny showed time and time again. I think the same thing was evident in Calgary until Huff got there.