Ray Thomas Deserves a shot!

Being a fellow Glendale Grad and reading up on Ray lately in the Spec and the tryout thread I sure hope Ray gets a shot in camp. It would be great to see him compete if he is healthy and able to play at this level again. It looks like he is back and I for one would like to see him back in black and gold. He is a tough steeltown kid and deserves a second chance.

a message to our GM GIVE RAY A SHOT IN CAMP :rockin: :thup: GO RAY GO!

Now Ray and the others at the Try Out Camp on Saturday,
have to be invited to Rookie Camp at MAC this week
to compete for 3 or 4 days for a shot at Training Camp.

There will be some hitting this week.

Hopefully, Marcel saw enough on Saturday
to want to see how Ray's back stands up.

P.S.

Marcel seems to be testing his determination.

I give Ray credit for swallowing his pride
when he wasn't invited to Training Camp

and showing up on Saturday
to compete against raw rookies,

a few pros and a cat's breakfast
of 'wanna be's and 'never wills'.

He was given his shot at the tryout camp, he wasnt that important when he WAS here, and bringing him back only raises more questions in my mind.

Unless he has a defined role (position) and can beat out some of the talent that has been brought in its a waste of time IMO.

Hamilton may Employ a FB/H Back Ray could play that spot if he is Healthy. Washington Use one of these in the NFL

IMHO- The T.E set is obsolete in the modern cfl, However if there is a player who has T.E size but can run S.B routes then that player could be a Big plus for the Offense he plays in, (rather than substituting a T.E and S.B) witch tip,s the D - :cowboy:

We have a good blocking fullback right now, hes a great lead blocker and when healthy and at a good playing weight is a FORCE inside the 5.

an H-Back is Smaller then FB and not as Small as RB
They are Used Normally for Receiving

I know what an H Back is...but again this raises the question... Where on the field does he line up? This is the CFL, you want to employ 2-3 Running Backs (Davis, Holmes, Lumsden) and a Full Back (Radlein), a couple slot backs, Wideouts and now an H-Back?

Ratio and roster size wont allow this to happen IMO.

re-Onknight wrote:
Crash wrote:
He was given his shot at the tryout camp, he wasnt that important when he WAS here, and bringing him back only raises more questions in my mind.

Unless he has a defined role (position) and can beat out some of the talent that has been brought in its a waste of time IMO.

Hamilton may Employ a FB/H Back Ray could play that spot if he is Healthy. Washington Use one of these in the NFL

We have a good blocking fullback right now, hes a great lead blocker and when healthy and at a good playing weight is a FORCE inside the 5.

an H-Back is Smaller then FB and not as Small as RB
They are Used Normally for Receiving

-------- O K This got me thinking lol- The Ticats have had a fullback set for a few years now, with not much success, Maybe they should drop the fullback and just run a double wing offence with Lumsden and Holmes? they could both run pass routes and carry the ball without tipping the D?

IIRC the H-Back system some of you are criticizing was what gave Troy Davis the rushing championship back in 2004 under the Marshall regime which was otherwise both offensively and defensively inept.

Well said…and I concur…

Ray has worked extremely hard this past winter and is as close to game shape as anyone in my opinion…and just needs a fair shot. Succeed or fail, it would be great if it were in his own control on the the actual field.

Good Luck to Ray…

In 2004 the team used more of a 2TE set, is this what you are talking about?

If it is, yes i like the idea however its difficult with the players that we have in place right now… plus i cant see Charlie Taaffe running this type of set, but i could be wrong.

Remember when all Archie Amerson and Tony Akins wanted was a "fair shot" at a comeback but were greeted with shrugs and indifference in comparison to today's weepy, and in some cases downright creepy, pleadings for Thomas?

Hamilton certainly is a funny town to play in.

Wasnt Archie Amerson invited to camp , and given a chance to show he had recovered?

Creepy?..huh?..We didn’t know that we had to get your approval for talking football…and the players involved… :?

Last time I checked, this is the website of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that’s what peoiple generally do…was it creepy when some of us kept pushing for Morreale to be re-signed?..or brought back from the Argos a few years back?..

Ray Thomas damned near became a parapalegic because of that hit he took and I personally know the fear he had as he went into that operating room not even knowing if he’d live through it…the fact he has worked like a dog and never given up in his quest to become a Tiger-Cat again is reason enough in my opinion to be cheering him on…and Marcel went soooooooo public last year saying he didn’t want people on the team who were slackers or half-hearted?..well, here’s Thomas gutting it out and doing everything humanly possible to re-join his team…

Seriously Zontar, you really have to back off and quit trying to dictate what people talk about on here…we’re fans of the team and will at times discuss players…good grief!..

Why do you seem to enjoy humiliating fans so much and getting them to not offer opinions?..seems to me some people were huge DJ Flick fans also…as well as Boreham fans, Danny Mac fans etc…live and let live ok mate?..sheesh!

…Just so you know though, try as you may, you haven’t broken my spirit of fun yet…and never will…I love Tiger-Cat games because they are FUN to go to and I enjoy myself every minute…always have and I always will…in spite or your cheap-shots…

Have a nice day

:cowboy: :wink:

The only problem I have with this thread is that some think he DESERVES a shot.... He doesn't deserve anything IMO. He had his chance yesterday and that was it as far as im concerned.

Whether he deserves a shot, gets a shot or none of the above…that’s the coaches decisions…but to call people “creepy” because they are cheering the guy on?..that in itself is not what a football website should be all about and s.ucks the spirit out of people who like to post their thoughts and opinions on players, potential players etc…the cowardly attacks on fans by a select few is what is destructive in my opinion…a lot of people just give up and walk away…and go silent…which is the last thing the Tiger-Cats need…(in my opinion)

…it’s plain mean-spirited… :roll:

Nothing mean spirited or cowardly in pointing out a double standard among fans. Genuine contributors and all stars like Archie and others get stiffed while Thomas gets mikey03 and others singing "You Are the Wind Beneath My Wings". That's all.
At least Thomas got to bow out knowing he tried everything to get back.

Send your crap to the complaints department from now on and quit getting in my face Zontar…it’s getting obsessive for cripes sakes don’t ya think?..I mean…really…

Go bother someone else because if you notice, I don’t bother you with anything you post about football stuff…

Good God…give it a bloody rest…everyone and their brother has gotten the point a thousand times the last few years…you hate me…good!..now bugger off!..it’s to the point of silliness and I’m sure members are growing weary of it… :roll:

…Please, from this point on and for the well being of the website, if you need to haunt every post I make, take it to Private Message and I will answer your deep concerns there…

thanks so much!

mike

“Creepy” thats a good one! :roll: :lol: