Ray Rice CFL bound?

CFL might be Ray Rice's only option
CBS SPORTS

[b]Still no buzz whatsoever for Ray Rice, and with the draft approaching things will probably remain bleak for him. If I was advising him, I'd give the CFL a shot and try to show what I can do there.

Given the fact that NFL owners have essentially blackballed him because his crime was caught on video, I'd imagine it would take him performing at an incredibly high level up there to get another shot here. At this point if he still wants to play football as much I hear he does, and if he's in playing shape, as I hear he is, then Canada might be his only option.[/b]

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25538160/why-the-rams-must-draft-a-qb-early-in-the-nfl-draft-ray-rices-future]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... ces-future[/url]

Such arrogance hey?
Just this broad belief that the CFL would want him…just this assumption that he could make a team… never mind dominate… boggling.

I don't know what to say about that but absolutely, the guy might not be good enough to make the CFL at this point in all honesty.

I love when people assume that NFL players no matter how good or bad can come here and basically cake walk it to the HOF. I remember arguing it out with a few people who guaranteed me Chad Johnson would be a CFL all star every year he's in this league. Same with Michael Sam. Same with Cleo Lemon. etc etc.

We don't like wife beaters in Canada... stay away Ray.

Remember when everyone or at least the anti CFL type, were saying how Ricky Williams would rush for over 5000 yards?
Nowhere close and the class act that he was said when he left there was no difference in the quality of players in either league.

I actually have no problem with him coming to the CFL as far as his crime goes. I think he has paid a steep price. Public shame, scorn, career ruined. probably $10-15M lost. Fighting off depression and suicidal thoughts. Marriage is intact somehow I think.
I just find it objectionable that the US media just assumes that the CFL is here to resurrect NFL careers.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Anytime an NFL washup is looking for work their solution to ressurect their career is the CFL. See the recent hype on Tebow and obviously Rice. These guys always act like the CFL's beer league football yet they seem to forget where guys like Cam Wake, Brandon Browner and Delvin Breaux came from

I'd say give the man a chance...as long as he recognizes that his behavior was wrong and he is trying to improve himself. He would need to give 100% commitment to his CFL team and become an upstanding citizen in the city he plays in. That might open doors to the NFL...or he might decide to stay in Canada like so many CFL players from the U.S.

I know if the B.C. Lions signed Rice, it would at least generate some much needed publicity for the moribund franchise. He might also be a dominating RB in the Kory Sheets mold (but much younger)...mind you Sheets is still available too. :wink:

in other words, fat chance

That's ricest, FYB.

:lol:

I didn't get that at all from what he wrote. He didn't say he would dominate, he said if he's to get another NFL chance "it would take him performing at an incredibly high level up there". He didn't give an opinion on if he would. Nothing wrong with that statement. Not that I think he'll come here, or would be anything close to dominating.

But he didn't say that. Reread the story.

so it is, so it is :slight_smile: 8)

I'm sure some team cough cough Dallas cough will give this guy a chance. Vick is a perfect example of teams only caring about trying to win.

His wife has said he never did anything before or after. I believe them in the interview. We can't persecute this family forever. We are hurting his wife as much as himself. NFL restated him after a court order but the teams don't want the publicity, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE "NOBLE" supporting Ray's wife or violence against women! It's all about them. This is the institution (NFL) that gave less in punishment to Ray than if he was caught pissing on the fence post.

If a CFL team is interested and his wife speaks again then I think we should give him another chance. Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqDlGQVFDn8

Could he even cross the border?

Many CFL teams have staunch policies regarding violence against women, and wouldn't look at Rice even if he was the second coming of George Reed, or Mike Pringle.

says charges dropped. I do believe the violence against women's cause could be helped if Rice were to play . Not the other way around and it were to become talked about less over time. If he were to sign with an NFL/CFL team his wife would need to speak again and we need to let him have another chance. His wife is asking for this

[url=http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ray-rice-completes-pretrial-intervention-in-domestic-violence-case-in-new-jersey-charges-being-dismi-20150521-story.html]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... story.html[/url]

Also to the point of helping promote the "Violence against Women's cause" if he were to sign with a CFL team it would be better in a large media center. Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver

Not sure why anyone would want to do a favor for an American that sucker punched his wife to sleep. But if Tillman is allowed to work as a GM after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting a minor, the bar has been set so low who cares really.