Rationalizing Officiating........

........there is much debate and frustration in the forum these days about the state of the officating in the CFL.......it is causing some fans pain and anguish and a tearing of the soul........so here's a thought for you poor bastards that are clenching your fists and shaking them at the skies.....

.......adopt an attitude that the officiating crew are akin to the Old Gods of Grecian Mythology.......with the power to sway the events unfolding in front of us and dictate the outcome upon the battlefield.....

........by changing your internal struggle this way you will be more at ease viewing a game knowing that certain things are really out of anyone's control.....who can understand the logic of the RefGods?...it is as it is........fatalism? perhaps, but a twist in perception that may save your circuits from frying.....

........so the next time you feel like the refs have done your team wrong cast your face to the heavens and call out 'Oh AresLineJudge#107 why have thou foresaken me in this time of great trouble?!?!'.......on the other hand you may find yourself embracing you neighbour in the stands and saying 'How lucky we are ApolloHeadLinesman#123 has seen fit to intercede in that questionable pass interference play and shed upon our warriors his assistance'.......

........hey, just woke up and wanted to see what the EE fans were up to, what kind of logic were you expecting?.......

If not Grecian Mythology I suggest Grecian Formula after this turns your hair grey

The GODS have been kind to , JASON and the ARGONAUTS. :lol:

excellent thread :wink:

And don't forget to offer sacrifices before the game. I would say grilled beef patties offered on a BBQ before the game would be a rough equivalent to the ancient times. Might not accomplish anything, but they sure make you feel better!

lol..........